St George Credit Card, 60k QF points and 0 AF for year 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasszon

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Edit: Deal pulled early, please do not apply now.

Earn up to 90,000 bonus Qantas or Amplify points - 60,000 bonus points in the first year when you spend $3,000 on a new card within 90 days of card approval, plus 30,000 bonus points in the second year when you pay the annual card fee.

Expires on 20/09 with the usual 12 month exclusion for existing customers.

https://www.stgeorge.com.au/personal/credit-cards/rewards/amplify-signature

The 90k bonus is a bit misleading, you only get the remaining 30k points if you pay AF for the second year, so in the title I have only noted 60k points.

Make sure you enrol in the QF programme, as the points are worth more than the amplify points.

HT to ozbargain

Last edited:
Earn up to 90,000 bonus Qantas or Amplify points - 60,000 bonus points in the first year when you spend $3,000 on a new card within 90 days of card approval, plus 30,000 bonus points in the second year when you pay the annual card fee.

The 90k bonus is a bit misleading, you only get the remaining 30k points if you pay AF for the second year, so in the title I have only noted 60k points.

Make sure you enrol in the QF programme, as the points are worth more than the amplify points.

HT to ozbargain
Nice, just when I was looking for a new offer, and am excluded by terms of many of the best ones!

HT to ozbargain

Thanks for sharing this! Been looking for a nice haul of points and think this will fit nicely!
Let's sign up and see how things go :)

Yes just checking whether westpac cards count as a current card given their relationship

Yes just checking whether westpac cards count as a current card given their relationship
Westpac may own St George but they are different legal entities and operate separately. The T&C's state "Existing St.George customers who currently hold an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer."

I'm not a St George customer, I'm a Westpac customer.

So 60K of QFF Points or 60K of Amplify Reward Points.

One Amplify Point converts to 0.5 airline loyalty program points inthe airline loyalty program programs of Enrich from Malaysia Airlines,Singapore Airlines Krisflyer program and Velocity;

So that is for me 60K of QFF or 30K of Krisflyer Points.

Now KF Points are definitely worth more than QFF Points, or at least they are to me due point redemption cost, fuel fines and availability. But at double its probably about even.

Applied, approved. Not a huge QFF fan but at this conversion rate will still choose QFF.

Applied, approved. Not a huge QFF fan but at this conversion rate will still choose QFF.

I ummed and ahhed...but as I aready have Priority Club which I never use I went with the With Amplify Qantas, you will receive two Qantas Club lounge visits per year7

Thanks for the tip - will apply for this shortly.

Can someone verify if the first year fee is 0$ please? it is said in the ads but not clear and with a footnote ^ which i could not find anywhere on their webpage.

Can someone verify if the first year fee is 0$ please? it is said in the ads but not clear and with a footnote ^ which i could not find anywhere on their webpage.

I chickened out after supplying my email on the first page of the application in case they charged me the AF, They just sent me an email saying:

"Complete your application and get $0 annual fee for the first year when your card is approved*"

Important information:
*To be eligible for $0 annual fee waiver in first year, complete your application for a new credit card by clicking ‘Complete Now’ button on this email between 3/05/2017 and 2/06/2017. If your application is approved, the first annual fee will be debited on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction (including a Balance Transfer) on your account and annually thereafter on the anniversary of the first annual fee. Credit Criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
That's good enough for me to have a fight with them if they charge me the fee. Off I go to complete my application. If you are worried do the same :)

Existing St.George customers who currently hold an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer.

How strict are St George on someone that has held a St George visa card in the last 12 months, and giving bonus points ?

I chickened out after supplying my email on the first page of the application in case they charged me the AF, They just sent me an email saying:

"Complete your application and get $0 annual fee for the first year when your card is approved*"
Important information:
*To be eligible for $0 annual fee waiver in first year, complete your application for a new credit card by clicking ‘Complete Now’ button on this email between 3/05/2017 and 2/06/2017. If your application is approved, the first annual fee will be debited on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction (including a Balance Transfer) on your account and annually thereafter on the anniversary of the first annual fee. Credit Criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
That's good enough for me to have a fight with them if they charge me the fee. Off I go to complete my application. If you are worried do the same :)

Thanks.

I had already applied.

But I have since done a second "incomplete" application with a different email address just so that I could get this exact same email from them just in case. Email has arrived.

Thanks.

I had already applied.

But I have since done a second "incomplete" application with a different email address just so that I could get this exact same email from them just in case. Email has arrived.

Very GLAD I did this now as the $0 offer has now been removed from the offer page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

I had already applied.

Also just clicking on the link in that email and using the ID No. supplied it does not work now.

Either the offer was mistake....or the sudden surge from being on OZB made them shut it down.

Very GLAD I did this now as the $0 offer has now been removed from the offer page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully you get the points.

Big stuff up (and poor form) from St George - especially when even just now on other pages within their site there is still reference to $0 - eg go to "compare credit cards" and scroll to the bottom "important Information" it sets out very clearly the $0 fee for first year, including references to apply between 2 June 2017 to 20 September 2017. But from comments on OzB via people calling St George, sound like it was a holdover/merge from a previous promo. Their marketing and legal teams need to lift their games

Suppose it just proves the words in your signature re banks and points..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back