Somethin' for nothin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crispy lips

I know that there is no such thing as a free lunch, but can anyone tell me whether there is a fee free credit card that allows me to earn $1/1 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points? I'm talking fee free for 'life' - not just for Christmas!

If there is no such thing, then the lowest possible annual fee, with a decent cap (say 5000 per month) or no cap on points?

I am currently with CBA awards, I could tolerate the $2/1 rate before but now with the extra $10 per year on their cards to transfer to Qantas, I've had enough.

I've also got the new Earth Platinum, but intend to ditch this before I have to pay the full annual fee.

I find the Westpac Platinum Altitude the best.

3 points per dollar spend on the amex
2 points per dollar spend on the mastercard

Typical $100 shoppping card or voucher is at 16700 points

However, its not very effective if used overseas with a 3.5% conversion fee charged

The annual fee of $295 is more than made up by points earned!

I know that there is no such thing as a free lunch, but can anyone tell me whether there is a fee free credit card that allows me to earn $1/1 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points? I'm talking fee free for 'life' - not just for Christmas!

There was...but you are too late as the offer has closed. The free for life Citibank.

With Amex many people including me have had the fee waived. It is currently at 1.5 points per dollar but will soon drop to 1.25.

I suggest you havea read of the Amex section. Amex tends to offer sign on promos quite often.

If you have a loan with NAB they will provide a free CC upto Gold. QF earn rate of $3 per 2 points. Tthey also have a velocity card. But a bit much to sign up for a loan - not exactly free.

Otherwise the best bet might be trying to get AMEX fee waived every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back