Some basic questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

stYLe

I've been using my commbank cc for a while and noticed it's totally pointless and would like a cc with FF points.

Now I've browsed through the forums and many of the offers seem very expired.

I would also like to know what the difference between a MC and VISA is, I'm aware AE all the retailers hate cause of the fees involved.

I'm leaning towards the Earth Cards, or Citibank if their web site worked.

I wouldn't mind an aesthetically appealing card either.

What would be most appealling to me is the annual fees waved.

I have had in the past both MC and Visa (As well as the trusty Amex) and i can't tell any difference at all between them.... except unless you visit Singapore or some places like that a lot where some Visa cards will get you VIP access to clubs and things like that. Just depends what your looking for in a card.

99.9% of the time if somebody accepts Visa they accept Mastercard.

Visiting the the 2008 games ? may want to consider Visa.
Visa continues its Olympic Games sponsorship as the exclusive payment card and official payment service of the Games through the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games, and the London 2012 Olympic Games. Visa is the only payment card accepted at all Olympic venues for all official Olympic-related transactions.

Regarding Amex you may be supprised that in other countries its a lot more loved ! even with 10-15% discounts at lots of places.

And if your wondering i have an ANZ gold card, sure its points capped but i used Amex the rest of the time and i have all my regular accounts with ANZ and i pay no fees.

E

Some of this is also going to depend on your spending. I like the Earth cards because they have a very low annual fee compared to most other reward cards and since my spend isn't huge, that's quite important to me. Every dollar spent on fees is basically eating into the value of your rewards points.

At the moment I think Earth+ is probably the cheapest annual fee for a card with travel insurance (since Citibank's Fee Free Gold seems to have gone) so if that's important to you then it's good value too.

On the aesthetics side, well, it's really a matter of personal preference, but again, the simple, clean, understated design of the Earth cards appeals to me, though I wouldn't really pick a card based on the design anyway. :p

SeaWolf said:
On the aesthetics side, well, it's really a matter of personal preference, but again, the simple, clean, understated design of the Earth cards appeals to me, though I wouldn't really pick a card based on the design anyway. :p

Understated design yes, but they could have chosen better colours :)

I kind of like the Navy Blue and Cyan colour scheme, but in any event it's better than a certain lurid orange card that's popular with international flyers. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back