Sky Airline Chile - LCC alternative to LATAM?

Warks

Established Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2003
Posts
2,776
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Yes the name is Sky Airline not Airlines. Am going to Patagonia next March and look at internal flights after arriving on QF27. LATAM has flights of course but they are about 50% more expensive than Sky. I don't know much about them but I've been trying to make a test booking as their prices are a lot better even with the add-ons. The problem I've been having is that you can only select a short list of countries as your 'home' on the website - Chile, Brazil, Argentina, US and "Otros" (other) with a Spanish flag. But you can select English as the language. I tried US and it gave all the prices in US dollars. When I got to the point of entering my details it had the phone number with the region number locked as 1 for US/Canada and I couldn't change it so I couldn't complete the booking. Changed to Chile and it locked the phone region to Chile.
Thought maybe I could create an account and it would recognise I'm in Australia so I could use 61. Worked through the process (which is all in Spanish and the webpage won't translate - neither Firefox nor Chrome) but I can work it out easily enough. I get to the second last page and hit Continue and nothing happens. Try in another browser, try incognito. Nothing works. Their chat suggested it was a problem with their website.
The only way I've found I can actually book the flight with them was to use Bookingdotcom. I don't like to use 3rd parties so haven't proceeded. I noted that I was buying fully flexible and refundable fares and Booking wanted to hit me with their own charges for the same privileges. Also the wanted to charge about 3x as much for seat selection as the airline.

Just putting this out there to see if anyone has a spare moment to test this website out and see if they have any luck. No rush. Also if anyone knows anything about them. I can Google them and find all the one star reviews of course.
Thanks.
Oh am trying to book SCL to PUQ (Punta Arenas). There's some issue with Puerto Natales with very few flights going there in the next few months so we are having to fly to PA and take a bus. PN is closer to Torres del Paine where we will do the W Trek.
 
There’s all sorts of fun ‘n games booking Sth American Airlines. The LA Chile website will quote significantly cheaper fares than Oz but again, getting it thru to purchase is near on impossible!

We bit the bullet and just purchased direct with LA AEP-SCL-PMC and seperate tix PUQ-SCL in November (both in PE). We’re taking the ferry from PMC to PNT (also because flights were non-existent).

We also have SCL-AEP on LA but that’s on the same QF ticket (we snagged the cheap $4,999 SYD-SCL J return fare and it wasn’t much more to open jaw into BA and home from SCL).

Re SKY, they’re now appearing as options on the QF search as connections to BA (and possibly elsewhere). I can’t comment on them, but personally happy to stay with LA. We still earn a handful of points BUT they do have a reciprocal lounge arrangement for QF SG and higher.

As for alternate ways of booking SKY, you could try Trip.com. I read here (after we booked LA) that they’re ok for Sth Am. I’ve used them for other things and just recently for some CX J flights from Asia to Europe. It was actually marginally cheaper than booking direct!
 
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top