Should the Amex Plat Credit Card flights be eligible for Velocity Earning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal

Enthusiast
I recall when the Plat Credit card came out, the T&C's stated that the free yearly flight wouldn't earn Qantas FF points/SC's. Actual experience for some may have varied ;)

When the Platinum Credit Card's flight got moved to Virgin Blue and the destinations changed, I don't recall it continuing that T&C.

Now the card has been rebadged again, and I can't find the T&C.

Took my flight recently, and it posted as "not eligible". Just wondering if this is supposed to happen...

Basically the same term exists:

10. All travel is subject to the Virgin Blue Fare Conditions and Virgin Blue Conditions of Carriage as amended from time to time. No frequent flyer points will be awarded for travel on these flights. Virgin Blue may change, cancel or restrict flight operations without notice. View the full Virgin Blue Fare Conditions and Virgin Blue Conditions of Carriage at virginblue.com.au

https://secure.cmax.americanexpress...onal/shared/files/Platinum_Edge_Insurance.pdf

I'm assuming it would be much harder this time because at least with QF the number of points and SCs you got was pretty "fixed". With DJ, points and SCs are based on cost of ticket. Can you imagine people being rather frustrated getting all sorts of different amounts of points for the same sector? That's mental meltdown for status chasers!

Of course, if it is a "free" ticket, the cost could be zero. And no matter if you get 5, 6 or 7 points to the dollar, any number times zero is...well, zero.

I think Amex will still be paying for them - it will just likely be a discount rate. I am not sure they got any special deals from QF on the previous QF tickets.

It's a *free* ticket so I don't think it should earn points.

On that note, I applied for this card about a week ago and havent heard anything. Not sure if that's a good/bad/otherwise results??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back