Should I Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manlai

Intern
Interested in peoples opinion on upgrading from a Platinum reserve CC to a full Platinum card. Currently on Qantas Direct at 1.25 points per dollar. I spend about $2500 a month all personal on the AMEX, no huge business costs are thrown on the card. I have a WOW QFF card as well. I wish more places took AMEX, id spend more on it...My current annual fee is $295 due to my links to my professional association.

My big question is will the difference in annual fee ($900 - $295) be made up in benefits? I would get 0.25 extra points per dollar (1.25 up to 1.5) @ my current spend that is 7500 points a year. Even at 2c a point that's only $150 a year. I travel internationally 4 times a year and @ $27 per lounge visit with priority pass that's $324 - so roughly 12 visits (or three visits per trip). All this adds up to $474.

My only thought is that currently on Qantas Direct i can not participate in the bonus point offers AMEX has and that with the Platinum card I can transfer these directly into my QFF as well as the usual spend?

Any thoughts? If I spend more on the AMEX it might make it more cost effect....

Thanks Manlai.

Don't forget the travel insurance (very good) and the SPG and PP GOLD you also get.

I think it's well worth the money personally..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back