Royal Air Maroc to join OneWorld? [CONFIRMED]

Discussion in 'Airline Alliances' started by RooFlyer, Nov 29, 2018.

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. RooFlyer

RooFlyer Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2012
    Tasmania
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Maybe after 5 December mods can remove the ? in the thread title. :)

In this thread, there was some speculation on who would be joining oneWorld on 5 December. @moa999 first found a story about it being Royal Air Maroc , and OMAAT has supported it: More Or Less Certain: Royal Air Maroc Joining Oneworld

It it turns out to be true, I think it will be a great addition. Here is their route map (from OMAAT):

RAM.JPG

Some Frequent Flyer programs put Morocco in their 'Middle East' category, so if you can get to Casablanca on the same miles to get you to the Gulf ports, then a RAM flight up to Europe should be cheap in points, compared to Gulf to Europe. Hopefully, like many of the 'minor' airlines in the alliances, they will have above-average award seat availability.

As OMAAT notes, their B737 has proper business class seats, so flying into Europe its better than 'Eurobusiness', with a regular economy seat with the middle one blocked.

Also a good entry into Africa.

I flew RAM short/mod haul internationally a number of times when I had business in Morocco (economy and business) and they are quite OK.

Unless something radical has happened, their capital city airport, Rabat, is a hole. Casablanca is their main hub and again, I hope there has been some work done, but there are many worse airports. Casablanca itself has few redeeming features for the tourist.

Marrakesh, on the other hand ... :):)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1

2. moa999

moa999 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2003
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Would have better connections with oneworld if they added flights to JNB and KUL/HKG

3. AFF Editor

Editor Authenticated Company Representative

Mar 25, 2010
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
  4. GoldCanyon340

GoldCanyon340 Established Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Adelaide
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Instagram:
    This is good news for oneworld and me personally as I'm looking at Morocco / west Africa for the end of next year. Another airline to research ....

5. GoldCanyon340

Jun 15, 2011
    Adelaide
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Instagram:
    Yes, JNB or CPT would be good.

6. AFF Editor

Editor Authenticated Company Representative

Mar 25, 2010
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    As it says in the article, they unfortunately won't become a full member until mid-2020. Perhaps you'll need to postpone your trip. ;)

7. GoldCanyon340

Jun 15, 2011
    Adelaide
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Instagram:
    Perhaps I should have read the article lol. I'll have a word with oneworld and get their entry fast tracked ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. RooFlyer

RooFlyer Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2012
    Tasmania
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    <dusts off his Safar Flyer Blue membership> Wonder if those points have expired? What the hell was my password?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. docjames

docjames Senior Member

Jul 10, 2007
    On the highway
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    They are apparently adding Miami to connect to the AA hub which should provide good options on DONEs when heading to/from USA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Danger

Danger Senior Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Perth
    Good news but it's over 18 months away at best. Oneworld could be quite a different beast by then.