Refund Refresher please

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross710

Established Member
Can you guys refresh my memory on how protection works on credit cards when the supplier goes into administration and doesn't deliver the service? Consider this scenario:

Hypothetically, of course
1. In July, Mr Alby purchases tickets to see Mr Trump when he tours Australia.
2. In September, the promoter of the tour goes into administration and event is unlikely to go ahead.
3. In November, the seminar date passes and the promoter has failed to deliver the service.

First pass at Westpac
1. Claims have to be made within 3 months of purchase, speak with the promoter.

Second pass at Westpac
1. We'll send you a form and see how it goes.

My deep memory
1. Somewhere in the T&Cs of credit card programs and general operating principles of the merchant agreement is that the Promoter and their Merchant bank join a partnership to supply the service. If the Promoter cannot deliver the promised service, then the Merchant bank provides a refund.

Has any one got any thoughts and links that I can use to refresh the memory of the various Westpac reps?

------------------------------------
OT: I recently had to remind my household contents insurer that "lightening damage" is the sort of event that an insurer is supposed to cover.

Hypothetically, of course
1. In July, Mr Alby purchases tickets to see Mr Trump when he tours Australia.
2. In September, the promoter of the tour goes into administration and event is unlikely to go ahead.
3. In November, the seminar date passes and the promoter has failed to deliver the service.

Maybe Mr Alby should go after Mr Trump :)

Maybe Mr Alby should go after Mr Trump :)

My contract is with the promoter.

The administrator writes that they are pursuing Mt Trump for a refund of the deposit. It's written in those liquidator words implying...."by the time we recover any deposit we'll will have deducted hourly rates 3 x Senior Accountants, 2 Partners, 5 x BMWs, 5 Admin and 3 months of photocopies at 45c each...." Maybe a return of 1c in the $1.

I like my chances with the Merchant agreement.

Westpac's own website, in the Merchant FAQ section has the following:

How long after a transaction is processed does the cardholder have to dispute it?
Chargebacks may be processed to your account up to 12 months after the date of the original transaction.

So it would seem that 12 months is the go from the merchant side.

This document is from a Merchant perspective, and contains various infomration. As Westpac is your issuer, not the merchant acquirer (although it may be, but you won't know that).

Of much more relevance is the Issuer side - and this is the Wespac document about it - which claims between 75 - 120 days after the tranasaction appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back