Refer a Friend Promotion

SeatBackForward

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Oneworld
Emerald
Hi can anyone clarify the situation on the referral offers. In Particular the Qantas Business Rewards AMEX. MY situation is that I already have one personal Amex card in my own name. One of my business has a the QBR Amex. Can this business provide a referral link to a second business (that I will be applying for), and will the referral bonuses be applicable? Usually most of these are not available if you already hold an Amex card but the QBR T&C's have a quirk, where they read:

By participating in 'Refer a Friend', you agree to these 'Refer a Friend' terms and conditions:
  • Friend:For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the term ‘Friend’ means:
    • For American Express Consumer Card referrals, individuals that are your friends, family or close associates; and
    • For American Express Business Card referrals, entities that are known to you including companies, partnerships and sole proprietors that hold an active Australian Business Number (ABN).
  • You cannot refer a friend who already has one of our Cards or has held one in the last 18 months.

So in my case Entity A is referring Entity B, where Entity B (as a business) has never held an Amex card before. Or is it all irrelevant because me (as a person) will be name against both?

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back