Redeeming KrisFlyer rewards for Supplementry cards holders Krisflyer account

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken86c

Is it possible to redeem KrisFlyer points to a supplementary card holders KF account. Do they do some sort of matching to see that the Main Card holders name matches the KF account.

Thanks

You can only moves Citibank Points to your own FF account, inclusive of KrisFlyer.

As a KF Member you can:
* Nominate anyone you like as one of your 5 redemption nominees (annual limit)
*You cannot transfer points to them
*You can redeem flights for them.
*You do not have to fly when they do

You can only move Citibank Points to your own FF account
Not so.
Your supplementary cardholder can also move Citi points to their own Krisflyer account. There is an option in your Citibank profile.
Hope this helps.
Then each of you can nominate five others for whom you can redeem flights.

Not so.
Your supplementary cardholder can also move Citi points to their own Krisflyer account. There is an option in your Citibank profile.
Hope this helps.
Then each of you can nominate five others for whom you can redeem flights.

I am pretty sure supp card holders can not transfer to their ff accounts. Would loved to be proved wrong though XD

We've been redeeming points from Mrs D's citi card in to my Kris account for past 2 years. I am her supp card holder.

We've been redeeming points from Mrs D's citi card in to my Kris account for past 2 years. I am her supp card holder.

Duffa Would you mind telling me how to access the citibank profile site? Ive been looking around the website and the closest thing i can find is rewards profile which just lets you choose which supp holders can redeem the points. As far as i was aware i thought supp holders can only redeem points for merchandise in the citibank rewards site and not ff accounts?

You're in the right place.
First you choose the option to allow supp card holders to redeem. Then when you are in the redemption screen you have to change the redemption details and name and kris number.
At this point your supp card holder will be the only one able to redeem until you change it back to you. A bit coughbersome but worth it if you need to combine points.

Stay close to your partner Duffa as she is a jewel!
A diamond in fact, Cove. Just thinking about all those 5 points per dollar she's going to earn me Saturday week, while I'm sitting at the Pavilion end!!!

Are you going to catch up with London AFF members?
They are a great bunch and have lots of local knowledge.
Is the Pavillion end the dressy bit where you rub shoulders with John Howard types?
Five points per dollar on Bubbly?

You're in the right place.
First you choose the option to allow supp card holders to redeem. Then when you are in the redemption screen you have to change the redemption details and name and kris number.
At this point your supp card holder will be the only one able to redeem until you change it back to you. A bit coughbersome but worth it if you need to combine points.

Much appreciated for the info duffa! Never knew this was possible

Slightly off topic, but is there anyway I can transfer KF points to somone not related to my account? If so, is there a market place where I can effectively sell them? I have a potenital ~185k in KF points and usually redeem for gift cards/cash back as I never need to use the points for flights. They are worth 0.6-0.7% depending on amex or visa, but I know people value them much higher...

Sorry if this is stupid question

d_g you cannot actually 'transfer' KF pts to another party but you can 'add' up to 5 'redemption nominees' to your KF account and redeem flts for them. Relative / friend / acquaintance - you should be able to work out a 'mutually acceptable' arrangement if you so desired.

Are you going to catch up with London AFF members?
Probably won't have time as a pretty tight schedule despite this being a holiday, but definitely plan to earn a few points on bubbly!!
Also looking forward to the bubbly in SQ suites on way back.

be careful about doing it this way i and an account locked for almost 12 mths it actually stated before that you had to contact citibank to do a transfer to a supplaimentry account on the old site I think i have a copy somewhere.
it no longer says that or at least I could not find it anywhere.
sing air are vicious!

https://www.citibank.com.au/global_docs/pdf/MCG10972_0112_LR_2.pdf

2.3 Additional Cardholders are not eligible toparticipate in Citibank Rewards, unlessotherwise specified in these Terms andConditions. However, you are able to earnPoints on Eligible Transactions made byAdditional Cardholders.

1. 7.5 The first Cardholder to be added as anAdditional Cardholder on your Account mayredeem Points for a Reward (other thanAirline Loyalty Points), unless otherwisespecified by you. We are not responsiblefor any Unauthorised Transactions by yourfirst Additional Cardholder including, theunauthorised redemption of Points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back