Question about $400 Amex travel credit

Kscf

Intern
Virgin
Gold
I have a question abt the $400 travel credit issued for the explorer card. My credit expired in Nov 2023 which I used to book a resort for stay in August but now my travel plans have changed.

If I cancel will amex clawback the $400 credit??

Separate question about the Amex Explorer $400 travel credit.

I understand it can be used on a range of airlines now, however when looking on the Amex Travel website, Turkish isn't coming up as an option.

Would anyone know if I can use the credit by contact Amex and having them book it, or is it only available for travel that can be booked online?

thanks!

Would anyone know if I can use the credit by contact Amex and having them book it, or is it only available for travel that can be booked online?

I have been told in the past that if we are using services of Amex Travel over phone , we might not be able to use our travel credit.

Also there has been a note on Amex Travel site that tickets with some airlines are having some issue and to try booking main stream airlines.

I have been told in the past that if we are using services of Amex Travel over phone , we might not be able to use our travel credit.

Also there has been a note on Amex Travel site that tickets with some airlines are having some issue and to try booking main stream airlines.

thanks, so in the end I used the Amex chat, they said they can apply the credit to manually made bookings... however, for TK flights, I was advised:

"checking on our ticketing system, I have found out that Amex does not have an authority to sell or issue ticket for a Turkish airlines booking."

I've a got a two-night stay booked with Charge/Reserve travel credits and I now can't travel to the city anymore. Can I change the bookings to another hotel in another city using the original travel credit?

Back