QFF Bonus Points on CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harpoon

ANZ FF Visa offers bonus points for using the card on Qantas services.

For example if you buy a $500 ticket, you get 500 points for the card earn, then 500 bonus points as it's a Qantas product.

Does anyone know if this does not apply when purchasing Qantas products via the NZ website in NZ Dollars? (eg: a return NZ->AU flight)

I could not find the section in either the ANZ T&C or the QFF T&C that addresses this situation. Anyone know? Should the bonus points be awarded?

Thanks.

Correct. It only applies to "QANTAS MASCOT" on your statement. I had an argument with them saying it's not in their T&C, they did eventually phone up and say it's QANTAS AUSTRALIA only :mad:

Depending on your ANZ card, make sure you do it when your account is low
(e.g. $2,500 is $1:1 plus bonus on Gold / Platinum cards)

So if your next billing cycle is in a few days, see if you can do the pay later, to maximise normal points :D

Okay thanks, just good to hear that it's not "missing" and that it's normal.

Missing out on my 350 points is not big deal, compared to the $50 i saved by booking it through NZ website :)

But was just curious if I would need to apply for missing bonus points or not.

Login to banking and go to SecureMail. Send them an email. Maybe they will get the message :rolleyes:

Don't forget that with the new changes to the Qantas Visa with ANZ, its 2:1, so don't bother. Try booking with an Amex or something else that has a better rate of qantas transfer (ie my CBA platinum goes 1:1 ith $19 opt in fee)

Don't forget that with the new changes to the Qantas Visa with ANZ, its 2:1, so don't bother. Try booking with an Amex or something else that has a better rate of qantas transfer (ie my CBA platinum goes 1:1 ith $19 opt in fee)

Sorry???? It's going to 2$ = 1 point soon on ANZ Visa?? :/

Unless I'm the only one that has been chumped.
I have a ANZ rewards gold AND the Qantas dual card with ANZ.
Bother have uncapped points.
My ANZ rewards gold gets 1 point er dollar, but no transfer to Qantas.
My Qantas dual card (Visa and Amex) has a 2:1 for the visa and a 1.5:1 for the amex...

cf: my CBA platinum gets 1:1 qantas points with the opt in.

Might be different for others. Dunno...

Unless I'm the only one that has been chumped.
I have a ANZ rewards gold AND the Qantas dual card with ANZ.
Bother have uncapped points.
My ANZ rewards gold gets 1 point er dollar, but no transfer to Qantas.
My Qantas dual card (Visa and Amex) has a 2:1 for the visa and a 1.5:1 for the amex...

cf: my CBA platinum gets 1:1 qantas points with the opt in.

Might be different for others. Dunno...

I think I need to call ANZ tomorrow and find out. If they've changed it, they probably sent me the new T&C in the mail but I don't recall reading about that. But I'm certainly not impressed!

I just checked my October statement, I'm getting 1 point per $1 up to $2500, which is how it's always been on the Gold, and 1 point per $2 after that. So it hasn;t changed for me... yet.

Did you sign up to new T&C to get the new 2in1 Amex and Visa cards? Perhaps since its a new sign up they give you the new (coughpier) deal, and existing customers retain the 1 point per 1$ under $2500 (Gold)?

Hmmm

Yes, 've always had the ANZ rewards one which definitely changed in september at some stage (ie re: capping of points etc) and I signed up for the dual card with the new parameters, so perhaps that's why I'm getting caned a little.
I remember reading on the ANZ section of this site that there has bee some talk of "upgrading" (or downgrading depending on your spending habits) for existing clients, but not sure if its mandatory or whether it will continue indefinitely.
Just go have a read there, I think if anyone has had some problems, it would be listed in that section...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back