Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver
Oneworld
Emerald
Star Alliance
Gold
Has anyone who is an existing Amex customer managed to signup to the Qantas range of Amex-issued cards after 31st March 2017, using a referral link and still received the signup bonus points?

Has anyone who is an existing Amex customer managed to signup to the Qantas range of Amex-issued cards after 31st March 2017, using a referral link and still received the signup bonus points?

I would be interested to know as well.

I previously wrote in another Amex thread....

Signed up using referral link on 26 April (I've forgotten whose link I used). Card arrived in mail promptly with a "member since 98" on card, so they do remember and link applications to existing cards. I have a rarely used MR Amex card with a $25k limit where I have about 300,000 points warehoused. My credit limit on this new card is a measly $3000 - I was hoping to spend $20-30k per month on this card as I'm cutting up my ANZ Black once I get my QF lounge passes.

Thought I'd follow up on this. (Yes my lounge passes arrived from ANZ, the last points swept into my QFF account and Iclosed the Black account.)

I rang Amex: yes you can cancel MR Rewards card ($25k limit) and lose all points and we can up your Ultimate $3k limit to $25k.

Aaargh... not acceptable. Please escalate this issue. Then was transferred to Sydney manager Mahmoud. After a few tappy taps on his keyboard, he said "no problem, of course we can switch credit limits on cards and you keep all your points. You have been good customer since 1986 (correct, even thought new card says 1998)."

So Amex certainly knew I was an existing customer.

I figured the ultimate card would be useful even without bonus points as I funnel about $20k per month through on Amex and the uncapped 1.5:1 was more valuable to me than the monthly capped 7,500 1:1points on ANZ Black.

So it was with great delight that I opened my Amex statement this month to find.......

bonus2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back