Qantas Ultimate American Express is back! Up to 50k points - Ends July 31 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejium

Intern
After disappearing for the last 6 months or so, it looks like the Qantas Ultimate American Express was re-released in the last couple of days. Same offer as per previous campaigns - 50k points with a requirement of just $500 spend (Qantas purchase for the last 2500 points).

Direct link here: https://www.americanexpress.com/australia/campaigns/qantasultimatertp/index.html

or via Qantas: Frequent Flyer - Earning Points - Pay - Qantas American Express Ultimate Card

Still a hefty $450 fee, but for those of us in Perth, a good deal if the free flight to SYD or MEL is taken into account.

They are getting very descriptive:
0.5 points for every $1 spent[SUP]‡[/SUP]Utilities, which are gas, water and electricity providers
Insurance offered by companies other than American Express Telecommunications providers, which includes goods and services purchased from phone, mobile and internet service providers
Government bodies including the Australian Taxation Office, Australia Post, federal/state and local government bodie

For this earn rate there are Visa cards that will do better for a lower ATO surcharge.

By the way I pay Foxtel with my Plat charge and I only get 0.5 points per $. Is it considered a utility???

Nope I haven't. I think I may get charged if I don't use direct debit.

I applied for this card and was approved...did not realise though that because I had a previous AE in the past ( not used for at least 4 years or more) that when they approved me I was then not eligible for the bonus points. I only realised because I phoned them after activation, anyway long story short, no give at all from them so asked them to cancel any accounts that I have with them. I also spoke to their call centre but no go there either, shame really the bonus points would have been good. Seems does not matter how long ago you had an AE card and whether used or not is excludes you from the offer.

I applied for this card and was approved...did not realise though that because I had a previous AE in the past ( not used for at least 4 years or more) that when they approved me I was then not eligible for the bonus points. I only realised because I phoned them after activation, anyway long story short, no give at all from them so asked them to cancel any accounts that I have with them. I also spoke to their call centre but no go there either, shame really the bonus points would have been good. Seems does not matter how long ago you had an AE card and whether used or not is excludes you from the offer.

Are we talking any type of amex card?

- anz amex (40k bonus)
- dj amex platinum

Or does it only apply to the exact type that is on offer (macquarie amex)?

Are we talking any type of amex card?

- anz amex (40k bonus)
- dj amex platinum

Or does it only apply to the exact type that is on offer (macquarie amex)?

I took it to mean a Amex card that I took out with them some years ago, not a bank issued one ....From memory I had an Amex gold card that earned 1 reward point per dollar and you could transfer across to your FF account, then they changed that card and system and issued me with another card that only earned .75 points per dollar, no annual fee because of the low earn did not use at all .....I have since called them back and complained and hoping that someone will contact me and offer me the card and full bonus earn again...I am not hopeful

It has been touched upon in previous posts but Im a little confuse . If i currently have a DJs Amex card am I still eligible for the 50k bonus pts? If not, how long would my current card need to be cancelled for before I would be eligible?

Just applied for this and got an instant approval, no proof of income or identity required... seemed way too easy?

Just applied for this and got an instant approval, no proof of income or identity required... seemed way too easy?

Just applied and also got an instant approval. I'm assuming they use some version of electronic customer verification (ECV) through companies like Veda to do the identity verification.

Looking at the offer landing page the 50K sign up bonus has been extended to 31 December 2013.

Looks like I won't be able to get the 50000 bonus points as I am already have plat edge/charge/reserve holder...

50k points banked in the first month. With the free flight from Perth and the 3 points/$ at restaurants, might keep this one for a while.

Just applied and was approved for this one. I know the fine print says 8-10wks for the bonus points to come through, but I was hoping it might be sooner. Can anyone who has applied for this one recently, comment on how long the points took to come through?

Just applied and was approved for this one. I know the fine print says 8-10wks for the bonus points to come through, but I was hoping it might be sooner. Can anyone who has applied for this one recently, comment on how long the points took to come through?

Applied on the 25th July, received the plastic on 31st July and met the first transaction and minimum spend on the same day (US Airways mileage purchase). Points posted to QFF today.

Still waiting for the Qantas Club renewal to post as a transaction and thus the final 2.5K points.

It's back again! Apply before 30th April. $250 annual fee (first year) + 50K + free domestic return

Frequent Flyer - Earning Points - Pay - Qantas American Express Ultimate Card

Shame they've got a 12 month' previous client' clause restricting people like me looking to churn.

Despite distance limitations on the free flight, there's an easy way to get PER-East Coast if you use your imagination a little using the online QF/Amex portals... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back