Qantas Cash Card and the Emirati Dirham

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAX_1

Considering that Qantas has a major alliance with Emirates , I am surprised that the Dirham cannot be loaded to their Cash Card. Has there been any indication that this would be considered in the future.

It was mentioned as one of the currencies under consideration, however its poorly traded, I believe THB is next, as it stands at present both would be expensive transactions under the card at present.

They also mentioned there was no limit to the number of currencies they could include.

They also mentioned there was no limit to the number of currencies they could include.

While there's no limit, does having a currency available cost them money, such that poor take up of it could lead to them removing a currency? What would happen if you held cash in that currency and it was removed, etc?

Asked more generally, not directly at medhead, of course :p

It was mentioned as one of the currencies under consideration, however its poorly traded, I believe THB is next, as it stands at present both would be expensive transactions under the card at present.
Any plans for Lithuanian Litas? No?? Oh well, the 28 Degrees card will have to suffice for that trip.

I guess if you are planning to use this for Dirhams ( or any other currency not one of the 'chosen') it's best to ensure the automatic conversion comes from the AUD "wallet". This way you avoid a double whammy.

Now appearing on the QantasCash Currencies List page - Coming soon (but no indication when)

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES DIRHAM IS COMING SOON
UAE Dirham will soon be available on Qantas Cash taking the total number of currencies you can load onto the card up to eleven. More information about the new currency will be available soon. In the interim, please note the following additional fees associated with UAE Dirham**:
International ATM fee: AED 6.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back