Qantas bonus points not posting ( EDR CC )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_flyer

Established Member
I noticed today that my $8000 spend last month on the Qantas merchant account only posted 1 point per dollar rather than 2. I rang and they tell me there is issues with it for everyone and i should expect it to be fixed by December 7. Anyone else got this problem ?

I noticed today that my $8000 spend last month on the Qantas merchant account only posted 1 point per dollar rather than 2. I rang and they tell me there is issues with it for everyone and i should expect it to be fixed by December 7. Anyone else got this problem ?

Yes, I have. But through some strange arithmetic gymnastics they claim mine has been correctly creditted. It's escalating its way through the company.

Luckily i put my recent Qantas purchases through my Westpac card (which in the past has has issues posting the extra point per $) however points posted without a follow-up being required.

Unless they have changed it, from memory the extra points are not itemised on the QEDRCC statement which makes account reconcile very difficult...!

Yes, same problem. Called and the extra points eventually appeared.

Sent from the Throne

Ditto... had 4 calls in past month re the points for the $13K of QF travel :shock: for myself.

Funny they always made out it was a) not a problem, then b) only a problem on my card :evil:

Thanks for the heads up!
Qantas spend double points haven't shown up for the last 2 months at least.

Ditto... had 4 calls in past month re the points for the $13K of QF travel :shock: for myself.

Funny they always made out it was a) not a problem, then b) only a problem on my card :evil:

My problem is that they denied it was a problem.

My problem is that they denied it was a problem.

The lady I spoke to was very quick to admit it was a problem with the 'link with Qantas' for everyone. I will await December 7 to see if my points are added. Not happy as I needed those points for a JASA

The lady I spoke to was very quick to admit it was a problem with the 'link with Qantas' for everyone. I will await December 7 to see if my points are added. Not happy as I needed those points for a JASA

I started down this path 5 weeks ago. So perhaps I was early with the problem. They have denied it, they have ignored my written complaint, they have claimed they were paid. So, up the company it is going.

Nevertheless, had next to no feedback from them for two weeks.

Going to shoot the card once this is finished. Disgraceful customer service.

I started down this path 5 weeks ago. So perhaps I was early with the problem. They have denied it, they have ignored my written complaint, they have claimed they were paid. So, up the company it is going.

She told me that the problem started October 7 and they were told it would take up to 2 months to rectify and I should only call back if they were not credited by December 7.

Disappointed to hear about your experience , my phone calls with them have been quite good so far...

She told me that the problem started October 7 and they were told it would take up to 2 months to rectify and I should only call back if they were not credited by December 7.

Disappointed to hear about your experience , my phone calls with them have been quite good so far...

If I don't hear from them, it will be with the relevant ombudsman/regulatory authorities before December 7!

They've got themselves onto my zero tolerance program!

This has been a problem for longer than 5 weeks. There is another tread about this somewhere. My purchase was in July. I called to ask about the points and was told wait until the next statement - no points. Called again and they fixed it on the following statement. They did also try to deny that qantas earned 2 points per dollar, initially.

Actually I was wrong. My purchase was in July, points came in September.

Last edited:

I've had awesome service in regards to this problem.
Called up last week to report missing points. Yesterday, Natasha rang to tell me the points will be credited on the next statement.
Only problem is, since last week I've received another statement that is missing the extra points, so she's going to follow the same procedure for those.
I was expecting a battle!

Called up last week to report missing points. Yesterday, Natasha rang to tell me the points will be credited on the next statement.
Only problem is, since last week I've received another statement that is missing the extra points, so she's going to follow the same procedure for those.

I was promised a response 2 weeks ago. Still haven't got it. Will be escalating to the appropriate authorities if they fail to address the issue in the timeframes allowed.

Then I will close the account.

The battle isn't the problem it's the war. ;) :rolleyes:

Sent from the Throne

I've not received my points and I called today... clueless staff . promised to call back in 24 to 48 hours. I'll be a very angry customer if I have to call them back.

Like others, I have been battling through December trying to get my QF bonus points credited. On three separate occasions, the customer service staff have stated that I will receive "a call back within 24 to 48 hours" to confirm the crediting of the points. Never heard from any of them again.

and they call this card a platinum card...... poor form EDR / WOW / HSBC

Like others, I have been battling through December trying to get my QF bonus points credited. On three separate occasions, the customer service staff have stated that I will receive "a call back within 24 to 48 hours" to confirm the crediting of the points. Never heard from any of them again.

yes me too. ill call again now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back