Professionals Australia/Member Advantage Amex Card Offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato1

Established Member
I was just checking out the Professionals Australia Amex card offers at the Member Advantage site. That site is available to the members of many Unions and Associations, though the different Unions and Associations may not get the same offers. Anyhow, for the Professionals Australia members, it has a pretty good deal for the Amex Platinum Edge card at the moment.

Annual fee is $149pa ongoing, and you get that amount credited back in the first year after making 5 purchases within 2 months. Plus 10,000 points for new card members. As well as all the other benefits which make this card great (3 points per dollar at major grocery chains, and the free annual trip with Virgin if one elects to join the Ascent scheme for one's points).

The site also offers what appears to be a reasonable discount on the Virgin and Qantas lounge memberships, though I'd never use them.

If you are a Union or an Association member who is thinking about an Amex card, it may be worth your while seeing if the offer is being made to your organisation at that site.
Regards,
Renato

I've had this card for 3 years now and it makes the Edge even better value

I've had this card for 3 years now and it makes the Edge even better value
Yes, I totally agree.
I got the Platinum Edge card from the Members Advantage site earlier this year - but it didn't have the 10,000 bonus points back then.
It disappeared as an offer for quite a few months, it still wasn't there when I went overseas, but it came back as an offer sometime in the last three months while I was away.
Regards,
Renato

do you still get the free virgin flights each year with this one?
Yes, providing you join the Ascent scheme instead of the Qantas one, and thus earn Virgin Velocity points.
Regards,
Renato

Saw this too. It looks to be a great deal but i'm always hesitant if there are own a few seats available per train/during peak.

Saw this too. It looks to be a great deal but i'm always hesitant if there are own a few seats available per train/during peak.
Managed to get two tickets to Sydney on Boxing Day a few weeks leading up. They were kind enmity to roll over an unused flight from the prior year too.

Managed to get two tickets to Sydney on Boxing Day a few weeks leading up. They were kind enmity to roll over an unused flight from the prior year too.
That is extremely kind of them. I would have thought they'd never do it.
Regards,
Renato

Bit the bullet. I'm sure the free flight will be a small step to soothing the travel itch in me.

Lets see if the system will pick up my existing AmEx card or if i get the 10000 bonus points!

Bit the bullet. I'm sure the free flight will be a small step to soothing the travel itch in me.

Lets see if the system will pick up my existing AmEx card or if i get the 10000 bonus points!

It's likely you'll get the 10,000 bonus points, based on personal experience. :)

Got an SMS confirming approval.

I'll update everyone once it comes through although the offer expires end of this month.
I'm glad this thread has proven useful to you. Hope you get the points after your required transaction.
Regards,
Renato

how exactly do you book the complimentary flight? Do i need to ring or can i do it through my account?

how exactly do you book the complimentary flight? Do i need to ring or can i do it through my account?
You ring Amex and tell them the flights you want.
Should get them as long as there is still saver availability

Amex found my other credit card. Credit limit for new card will take into account my existing limit.

Amex found my other credit card. Credit limit for new card will take into account my existing limit.
Unless the other Amex card is one offered by a bank in conjunction with a point earning Visa card, it would become rather redundnant when you get the Edge card - would it not? The only use I get from my bank one is to load the Amex offers onto it, so that I get the offers on both cards.
Regards,
Renato

I've cancelled the old card and rolled over the credit limit to the new one.

No point in keeping both unless i want to take advantage of Amex offers.

- Found out both low rate and the new edge card was cancelled when i was trying to book the free flight. Had to ask customer service to reactivate.
- Next day, I received the statement to pay the balance of the first card (meaning it wasn't moved over).
- Spoke to someone on Thursday and she said she would call me back. Never happened.
- Spoke to another person on Friday he said he'll get back to me on the 24th

In a bit of a predicament. I bet that since the card was cancelled i won't be eligible for the $149 statement credit for the first year and 10000 bonus points. Even if i asked, i was not legible as i was an existing customer.

All this happenning within a week of activation. Not happy Jan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back