Problems Transferring Points to Virgin Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qantas
Qantas Club
Virgin
Gold
I logged onto Amex to transfer point to VA on Monday, received a confirmation e-mail, but the status keeps showing as in progress (but the points have been deducted), and no points showing up in Velocity. Called Amex Plat on Wednesday - said they would raise an urgent case and respond, logged on this morning and nothing has changed. Called Amex Plat on Thursday morning - no activity on case and will follow up. I am trying to organise a family trip using the VA Gold family guarantee 6 months out.

It seems this may be an issue on the Amex side.

Is anyone else having issues transferring points?

Just checked as I also transferred points on Monday and they have not arrived at velocity as of this morning. Not sure if this is a "problem" - Amex are careful to say words to the effect of "usually 2 business days, but not guaranteed".

I transferred points to QFF in the same phone call and they were there in my account the next day.

It is annoying because I plan to cancel Amex plat as soon as the points transfer has gone through.

Did a transfer a few weeks back, it took around 5 days in total. AMEX said they had posted the points to Velocity as being available, but the delays were with the VA systems not picking them up for a few days (sure.... I believe that :p). So it eventually will go through, just a lot slower than normal at the moment it seems.

Two Weeks ago I transferred points mid-morning and they were in my Velocity account by lunchtime the next business day.

Last edited:
While we are on this subject, does anyone know if i can transfer points to miles as a gift? Say my mothers Velocity account, or that of a sup card holder?

Just checked and my points are now in velocity account.

No feed back from Amex but point just came across and have been able to get the Dom guaranteed family flights on points for flights jjust over 6 months out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back