Problem With Amex American Express 30,000 Points Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

geffa18

so i got my card through the 30000 bonus points scheme with the amex premium card. the details, as i remember are.

5000 points after first spend
2500 on first qantas spend (and 2 qantas club invitations)
22500 points after $1000 is spent by december 31 2007.
$195 annual fee

This promotion had an expiry date, ie you had to apply by August 31, 2007.

I did all this, fulfilled all the requirements, and still havent got the points. I received the first 7500 points but the 22 500 points i still havent got and its been nearly 3 months. Called AMEX today and they have no record of this promotion.

CAn somebody please help and send me a link of the promotion or if they have a hard copy let me know it.

Would really appreciate it.
thanks

That's so typical of them. A similar thing happens to me every time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Just recently they sent me a letter with an offer to upgrade my Rewards Maximizer to the Ultimate card (up to 17,500 points, plus the waiving of the $395 yearly fee in the first year). Lucky I kept the letter of offer, because they just slugged a fee of $192 on my account. When I rang them, they claimed that they didn't know about this offer, and that I had actually signed up for a different card. I blew up at them, told them this happens every time with all their offers, and it is unacceptible. I had to email them a copy of the letter as proof, and he had to talk to his supervisors, but in the end reversed the fee. That's one thing I learned about amex - always keep the letter of offer, or a printout of the webpage because they will probably try to sneak something past you, and you always need proof.

Good Luck

geffa18 said:
so i got my card through the 30000 bonus points scheme with the amex premium card. the details, as i remember are.

5000 points after first spend
2500 on first qantas spend (and 2 qantas club invitations)
22500 points after $1000 is spent by december 31 2007.
$195 annual fee

This promotion had an expiry date, ie you had to apply by August 31, 2007.

I did all this, fulfilled all the requirements, and still havent got the points. I received the first 7500 points but the 22 500 points i still havent got and its been nearly 3 months. Called AMEX today and they have no record of this promotion.

CAn somebody please help and send me a link of the promotion or if they have a hard copy let me know it.

Would really appreciate it.
thanks

After reading lots of posts recently ive noticed that stacks of people have had problems with AMEX fulfilling contractual obligations in regards to their promotions. I am honestly very pissed off, after i get my points i am seriously considering canceli my card and use a fee free for life diners i get through my work association instead. Unless they make me a good offer and are genuinely sorry for their mistake.

First things first though, anyone have that offer that could post or private message me the details?

I got the same problem!!!

I signed up the card in July, my first spend is over $1000 and from Qantas. So far I only have 5000+2500 points. I called them 4 times. Everytime I got a different story. First time is 8 weeks after my first purchase (promotion says please allow up to 6-8 weeks). They said it takes up to 10 weeks. Second time they told me yes I should have the point. It will be credited in 5 days before my next billing days. In the third phone call the lady told me she will pass this case to the marketing department, they will credit my points in 5 to 10 working days. Today I made 4th phone call to them, they said there was some error in their system. They will let me know before the weekend.
Well, at least they all nice and polite. During my third phone call the lady even offered me 500 points as apologise. I refused and told her if she could credit my missing points ASAP that would be a big favor. I am thinking if I really should ask for a compensation such as 5000 points or refund half of my annual fee.
Moreover, today I asked them when can I have my free Qantas lounge pass. They said their system indicated my first spend with Qantas was on 13AUG. They posted the voucher to my address on 14AUG then. I never got the voucher. Even my statement indicating 0 voucher issued. I don't know why they say it's posted to me. Has anyone got the voucher?

By the way, the 30000 points offer should be:
5000 after first spend.
25000 after spend $1000 before 31st Dec
2500 after first spend with Qantas.

Last edited:
Made another call yesterday, got in contact with this bloke from india who seemed quite nice. he followed it up and just checked my amex rewards tab on the net and the 25k points are in there. So bloody happy its all done now. So actually, i received 32,500 points for the $195 which aint too bad.

I do though know from now on to always print a copy of the form off for the promotion, seems much easier then continually calling up to bagger them

Oh and i also havent received my 2 QC invitatons yet but the guy in investigating that aswell. He said they werent sent because my address on qants and amex were diff. anyway ill let you know how it goes...

casp said:
Moreover, today I asked them when can I have my free Qantas lounge pass. They said their system indicated my first spend with Qantas was on 13AUG. They posted the voucher to my address on 14AUG then. I never got the voucher. Even my statement indicating 0 voucher issued. I don't know why they say it's posted to me. Has anyone got the voucher?
Yes, I have. My statement says something like:

- QF Cobrand Lounge Pass 0 0
- QF Cobrand Lounge Pass 0 0

and I received the complimentary passes within a month of that entry without soliciting them from Amex.

casp said:
By the way, the 30000 points offer should be:
5000 after first spend.
25000 after spend $1000 before 31st Dec
2500 after first spend with Qantas.
Yes, you are quite correct there.

Just checked my account. Finally got the points yesterday. Still waiting for my lounge voucher. Anyway, as I am working for another airline now. I will unlikely to fly with QF in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back