Positive Platinum Charge Card Travel Insurance Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvix

Intern
I was booking some overseas holidays and wanted to check the current state of the AMEX insurance since they downgraded the insurances last year to be only applicable if you paid for the entire trip using your AMEX.

This was a serious downgrade for the charge card as some flight booking websites just don't accept AMEX.

So, to my pleasant surprise I found that Platinum Charge Card insurance now covers you IF you can show that the merchant that you are booking your flights with didn't accept AMEX at the time of the booking.

From the AMEX Insurance T&C:

American Express Not Accepted
Cover is effective if You cannot pay the full fare for a Trip on Your
American Express Platinum Card Account because the provider does
not accept American Express as a form of payment. You must be able to
supply proof of purchase and the name and address of the provider who
would not accept your American Express Platinum Card Account.

This is a welcome update to the original insurance terms that didn't cover you if you didn't book your flights using AMEX, which in itself was a downgrade from a year ago when they used to automatically cover you for your travels by the virtue of being an AMEX Platinum charge card holder.

I am surprised I didn't get any notifications of this positive change in the mail. Anyone else know about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back