Points transfer time to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle

Established Member
I am happy to report that the time to transfer points to Flying Club is substantially less than the 5 business days quoted by Amex.

I registered my Flying Club account with Amex online on Friday midnight and did a transfer straight away while the registration was still showing as pending. The points were already in my account on Monday evening. :D

In my experience Amex has been quite good in transferring MR points to other partners.

Patiently waiting for another 10%-20% bonus for MR point transfers to Flying Club so I can get to try out VS upper class in September/October 2011....

In my experience Amex has been quite good in transferring MR points to other partners.

Patiently waiting for another 10%-20% bonus for MR point transfers to Flying Club so I can get to try out VS upper class in September/October 2011....

I'm looking at trying out Upper too sometime this year - although the cabin and seats looked rather tired on the 346 when I flew them in early 2010.

I have always found the transfer to VS to be very quick, once it was within 24 hours.

The UC cabin and seats are looking and feeling very tired and worn. A refurb is well overdue.

In Dec I had points transfer in less than 48hrs. Trying UC in May Syd-Hkg.

I'm looking at trying out Upper too sometime this year - although the cabin and seats looked rather tired on the 346 when I flew them in early 2010.

The UC cabin and seats are looking and feeling very tired and worn. A refurb is well overdue.
So is it not worth spending 40,000 VS miles on an upper class redemption SYD-HKG? Any business class seat (tired or not) has to be better than economy....

So is it not worth spending 40,000 VS miles on an upper class redemption SYD-HKG? Any business class seat (tired or not) has to be better than economy....

John whilst the cabin needs refurb as you quite rightly say any business seat is better than economy. VS also offers quite a good redemption rate for business at 40,000, less if you wait for the usually annual bonus redemption rate. So all things being equal I would still go for it, but just modify your expectations accordingly. I have flown it 3 times, and probably would again if the other option was economy.

Considering a one-way SYD-HKG in economy is 22,000 VS miles then premium economy for 27,000 miles and upper class for 40,000 miles sounds like much better value.

P.S do not have high expectations but simply looking to find the best value for Amex MR points.

Considering a one-way SYD-HKG in economy is 22,000 VS miles then premium economy for 27,000 miles and upper class for 40,000 miles sounds like much better value.

P.S do not have high expectations but simply looking to find the best value for Amex MR points.

+1 on this. SYD-HKG on VS J for 40000 miles/MR Ascent points is good value, especially that it is a flat bed rather than those 170 degree recliners. But better on HKG-SYD leg though as it is overnight flight (full use of bed), and that VS Clubhouse at HKG is fantastic!

About 12 months ago I flew SYD-HKG-SYD via redemption.

I flew SYD-HKG in Premium economy and HKG-SYD in upper. I think for SYD-HKG premium economy is sufficient and HKG-SYD in upper, but if you have points to burn by all means go upper both ways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back