Plat Edge burn rate change - fx. [120pts=$1 from 1 July 2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgin Bart

Established Member
Hi all, apologies in advance if this has been covered.

I was redeeming some MR points today at an Amex foreign exchange for the usual rate of 100 points = $1. The kind man behind the counter then let me know that as of 1 July it will cost 120 points = $1. A 20% decrease in points value without any warning. Very disappointing especially to only hear about it by coincidence (unless I've missed something).

Cheers, Bart.

use your hard earned points for business class tickets instead (asia miles, singapore etc etc) and you could be getting in the region of $0.08 per point or higher...... instead of the $0.01 you currently get :(

I wonder if redeeming it for flights is the best value option for cashing in reward points... I've got 50,000 saved up and I was initially going to do the same and exchange it for foreign currency, but since I don't need it now it is even less valuable.

Has anyone figured out which is the best frequent traveller program to dump points into?

Has anyone figured out which is the best frequent traveller program to dump points into?

Depends on where you want to travel. I find Enrich the best (malaysian airlines) as that is one of the ones i do. But the airline depends on where you want to go. e.g. i wouldnt fly enrich from oz to lax coz its stupid.

Also you can technically sell your points to someone you trust (there is a transfer form).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back