Need to transfer to KrisFlyer (to 2 different accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

davem

Hi,

I have 2 FF accounts from Singapore Air (1 is another family member), and they are both 5k points short of an award.

I have alot of points on the Altitude Plat. card and I was wondering if it’s possible to make a transfer to both accounts? Or will it only work to the account in my name?

The other person does have a supplementary card will that help ?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

- David

I think it has to be in the Primary carholders name.

But anyway...as least one of you is covered then.

For the second.. can you get an Amex Card for them??

there are various deals going on at the moment with sign-on bonuses (see American Express Section on this Forum in the Credit card section for the various deals.

Amex has a better transfer rate than altitude as it is 1;1.

If they can't get an Amex can they get a Citibank VISA as it also hasa 1;1 transfer rate?

I do not think i will be granted another amex (just got one in an attempt to join the X for X points promotion (could not sign up for promo once card arrived)).

IAmex has a better transfer rate than altitude as it is 1;1.

If they can't get an Amex can they get a Citibank VISA as it also hasa 1;1 transfer rate?

I think Citibank VISA is 1.5:1 (or it is for gold version).

Altitude transfer rate is 2:1, but for the Altitude Amex you earn 2 points for every $1 spent, so it is an effective 1:1 transfer, comparable to all other Amex's except those that earn Membership Rewards points at 1.5 pts/$.

You can do it.

We have an Altitude Platitum shared with the family and we are constantly transferring points between our respective Qantas FF accounts.
I am not the primary card holder and I do it quite a bit.

There is really no trick to it, just ignore the names below and put whoevers FF account into the box!

Maybe do the secondary person first just in case but I doubt there will be any prob.

Good luck!

Frequent Flyer Details

First Namexx_XX

Surnamexx_XX

[email protected]
validation_greenasterisk.gif
Frequent Flyer number

Frequent Flyer Transfer Details

RewardQantas Frequent Flyer points

Altitude points19,000

Frequent Flyer Points transferred9,500

Edit: The above didn't come out exactly as I planned but you'll get the drift!

You can do it.

We have an Altitude Platitum shared with the family and we are constantly transferring points between our respective Qantas FF accounts.
I am not the primary card holder and I do it quite a bit.

Yes you can for QFF...but the OP was asking about Singapore Airlines and it's KrisFlyer Program were you cannot.

Also with the QFF transfer you cannot do it constantly. There is a limit of once per year.

Family Transfers
Enjoy greater choice and flexibility in the way you use your points. Family transfers enable you to transfer a portion of your points to one eligible family member, who is also a Frequent Flyer member, once every 12 months.
It's ideal for the times when you have enough points between you, but not enough individually, for an Award flight.
How Family transfers work

• minimum 5,000 to maximum 100,000 points per transfer
  • maximum one transfer every 12 months

I never realised you entered the FF program when you redeemed (i was under the imperssion it would be stored in your profile).

You mention you move the points between family on qantas, is that when you do the conversion or when they are allready in the account? Because i know you can do it when its in the account).

I guess my only option is to chance it and put forward a transfer tonight.

anyone had experience posting to KF before, they need to be in the account before Dec 31

I'll put forward a transfer tonight.

anyone had experience posting to KF before, they need to be in the account before Dec 31

Not from Altitude...but with Amex they said to allow 3 days, but it actually showed up within 24 Hours.

Hi,

I have alot of points on the Altitude Plat. card ....
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Another idea is that since KF have recently change one way rewards to 50% down from 70%, and as you have a lot of points on the Altitude Plat. card is to:
  • Redeem one way flights for you and you partner in one direction
  • Use your partners points for one way flight back
  • Book your own flight back.
  • Transfer enough extra points into your account so that you can book the 3 one way flights.
This will cost you 150% and your partner 50%...with you putting your partners remaining 45% towards your next trip and given then time to work up any required points for it (whether it be one way or return)..

I never realised you entered the FF program when you redeemed (i was under the imperssion it would be stored in your profile).

I am not sure I understand your question.

If you redeem flights from a FF program (whether it be QF, KF, AA or whichever) yes you redeem them directly from the FF program.

However various credit cards also have their own direct redemptions which can in some of them include flights, but these are normally at a higher point cost that the FF program.

Hence most people will normally move their points from their CC Program to their FF program when they want to redeem a flight.

Yes you can for QFF...but the OP was asking about Singapore Airlines and it's KrisFlyer Program were you cannot.

This was my reaction initially, but reading further into the post it seems that instead of intraprogram transfers (once the points are there), the altitude system allows points to be transferred to accounts without the FF account name matching the altitude account name.

This was my reaction initially, but reading further into the post it seems that instead of intraprogram transfers (once the points are there), the altitude system allows points to be transferred to accounts without the FF account name matching the altitude account name.

I'm not sure that it does. On my test runs it certainly has not given me an opportunity to change my name from anything other than the name my account is in.

the altitude system allows points to be transferred to accounts without the FF account name matching the altitude account name.

It may for you. But not for me:

ie This is what appears on screen when I attempt to transfer points:

This is the final page within the Frequent Flyer transfer process. Please provide your Frequent Flyer number and check your details carefully before submitting this form.
The First Name, Surname and Frequent Flyer Number must match exactly with the Airline database. If these details are not exactly the same, your Frequent Flyer Transfer request will be rejected.
Successful Frequent Flyer transfers are completed in 3 business days.

Frequent Flyer Details

First Name: ICHANGED
Surname: MYNAMEBITITWASINSERTAUTOMATICALLYHERE
Email; [email protected]
validation_greenasterisk.gif
Frequent Flyer number

Frequent Flyer Transfer Details

RewardSingapore Airlines KrisFlyer Miles
Altitude points: 3,000
Frequent Flyer Points transferred: 1,500

As you can see above the only thing I can insert is the FF Account Number which was the only blank, and only alterable field.. My First Name and Surname were automatically inserted and I cannot alter them.

Therefore as per the screen fine print you can only transfer in your name.

It may for you. But not for me:

Therefore as per the screen fine print you can only transfer in your name.

Didn't say it worked for me! I always thought it was prohibited, but coughneV said it works (at least for QF points), by just ignoring the name and changing the FF number. Either coughneV is talking out of his/her a#s (sorry couldn't resist) or is onto something. If it truly does work, then I guess one should be extra careful to enter a FF number correctly, in case it is accidentally sent to the wrong account.

Ok, let me clear up my post. Sorry for the confusion.

In our family, we share a Altitude Platinum card between a few of us (individual cards for each person obviously).

Everytime I make decent purchases, every few months etc I will redeem some of the Altitude points I have personally earnt into Qantas points.

The Altitude accounts primary holder is not me (family name is the same of course).
I didn't mean we transfer Qantas points constantly between our family's Qantas frequent flyer accounts, so sorry for the confusion again.

When it comes to that page with the Name, Sirname, email address and FF# box etc I just put my frequent flyer number in. Everytime I have done it, the points go in. I even did it today as I was writing the last message. I have done it five times this year. I have also transferred some of the points i've earnt into my Velocity account because of that extra 20% bonus offer thingy, so that would make it 6 times.

I have never done it with KF.

Just try it!
And as I said, try the secondary account holder first.

I am now worried however, that some little fairy from Westpac Altitude is watching and will stop this practice. S&*t!

I am now worried however, that some little fairy from Westpac Altitude is watching and will stop this practice. S&*t!

QFF were doing some crosschecking, but perhaps they only compare the surname with the account number.

I am hoping this is the case.

With regard to the 50% points for one way, I'm allready counting on that.

There will only be 1 person traveling. Both Frequent Flyer accounts fall short of the one way point requirement of (40,000 - 15% = 34,000) each to cover two one way trips to Tokyo from Brisbane (27,000 and 30,400)

Thank you everyone here for your comments (and hanging in there when maybe I did not explain it too well in the first instance).

I recently attempted to transfer my amex points to my partner's krisflyer account - apparetnly it is not possible.

Instead, I registered my partner through my krisflyer as a nominated family member, transfered all the amex points to my krisflyer and booker her a ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back