NAB Velocity Rewards Premium- how long to get points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mketh

[h=2][/h]
Anyone have an idea how long it takes to get the 60k velocity points after the $1500 spend. Or received there's yet? It says can take up to 4 months?​

2 months and counting....

nothing so far, even though been through 2 billing cycles.

Any luck for you gents yet? I crossed the spend on the 23rd of October, like 2 days after receiving the card. Still haven't seen a bonus point at all.

On a positive note, I haven't used the card since and they sent me an offer saying if I made 6 purchases over $1 in value each, they would give me 2000 bonus velocity points. Didn't take long with my good friend, Mr Apple App Store :p

Crossed the $1500 threshold yesterday. Going on this thread, it might take a while for me to see the points...

Any luck for you gents yet? I crossed the spend on the 23rd of October, like 2 days after receiving the card. Still haven't seen a bonus point at all.

On a positive note, I haven't used the card since and they sent me an offer saying if I made 6 purchases over $1 in value each, they would give me 2000 bonus velocity points. Didn't take long with my good friend, Mr Apple App Store :p

same here, no points and its been almost 3 months.

did get a letter about the same 6 purchases, except the reward would be a free village double pass.

Just got this card, currently need to spend the $1.5k. But thats interesting they offer you this so that you use your card. How long has it been since your last purchase using it?

Just got this card, currently need to spend the $1.5k. But thats interesting they offer you this so that you use your card. How long has it been since your last purchase using it?

Only used the card twice. Once on the 23rd of October to buy something to hit the $1500 minimum and then a couple of days later, I accidentally bought a coffee on it (its a churn card for me, not an everyday card). Since then, nothing has hit the card at all.

Only used the card twice. Once on the 23rd of October to buy something to hit the $1500 minimum and then a couple of days later, I accidentally bought a coffee on it (its a churn card for me, not an everyday card). Since then, nothing has hit the card at all.

Interesting.
So you got this offer to use the card in Jan2016?

Yeap, received the offer two or three days ago now. Letter was dated 26th December with a last day of eligibility on the 31st of January.

Interesting and good to know!

They must have a few people who signed up for the bonus, but not necessarily using it as their primary CC, hence the offers such as these!

Called NAB regarding signup+spend bonus. Already knew the terms said within 4 months after spend ($1,500) hit and she confirmed 4 months for the bonus points to post. Seems like "within" means "actually". Happy waiting. :mad:

Thinking about applying for this card to get the VFF points.... I had this card last year under the qantas points offer (40k bonus) and closed the card in March. Is there a 12 month exclusion to be eligible for this offer?

Thinking about applying for this card to get the VFF points.... I had this card last year under the qantas points offer (40k bonus) and closed the card in March. Is there a 12 month exclusion to be eligible for this offer?

I'm going to guess no. I've been a long term holder and user of this card 4-5k pm and I called them to ask for a bonus or fee reduction or I will cancel. They told me to cancel this one and apply for another card straight away...

I'm going with no as well. I cancelled my old card (same card) a week before their new sign up bonus started and reapplied the day the promotion opened this time. They called me to confirm my details and approve me for "the card with the 60k points" (Call Centres english wasnt great). As such, no time restrictions and just to be safe, get them to confirm the application was received and the offer attached to it over the phone as if its recorded, they cant pretend it wasn't agreed to.

Anyone received their points yet? I got my yesterday and made a $1600 transaction on it the same day and immediately paid it off. Card won't be used ever again. Just waiting for the points now. Saw some people mentioned they will take the full 4 months to arrive? Really hoping they come through faster than that.. Need the 60k of points towards some J reward seats that will hopefully open up in mid May.

Just an update, its been four statements since I made the minimum transaction value. Still no bonus points. Called NAB who passed it to their back of house team for investigation as the teller saw I was entitled to them. I have a feeling they are really relying on the 4 months from transaction date. Which means for some it might actually take longer still e.g. 5 statement periods.

Will post any updates but they have said 5-10 business days to respond so don't hold your breathe. After all, I've been waiting 4 months for these points and now its a touch longer.

Will post any updates but they have said 5-10 business days to respond so don't hold your breathe. After all, I've been waiting 4 months for these points and now its a touch longer.

Thanks scottz95 and good luck! I just got to my $1.5k a few days ago and keen to see how you go with your ordeal.

I'm thinking of an apply and churn. 1.5 VA points is not too shabby plus the 60K sign on. Just gotta come up with the spend so I'm thinking health insurance.

Just an update, its been four statements since I made the minimum transaction value. Still no bonus points. Called NAB who passed it to their back of house team for investigation as the teller saw I was entitled to them. I have a feeling they are really relying on the 4 months from transaction date. Which means for some it might actually take longer still e.g. 5 statement periods.

Any luck getting an answer yet, Scott?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back