NAB Rewards - Accor Status

PointsDude

Hi all,

Not sure if this is best suited here or in the Accor forum, but I’ll shoot my shot.

Currently looking into getting a Nab Rewards Signature card and converting points to Accor. I’m a lowly Accor Silver member so I want to also take advantage of the Gold upgrade as well.

Does anyone have any insight into the process of getting this upgrade applied to your account? I know you have to complete a stay with them first, but I have a trip coming up in the next month and I’ll be staying at a few Accor properties anyway and hoping I can be upgraded by the time I reach my second hotel.

The NAB Rewards card gives 10% off Accor prices, but only when paying with the NAB card. How do you avoid the NAB card 3% international transaction fee, when paying for overseas Accor accommodation?

Why are so few people talking about the NAB Accor partnership, is it because the deals are weak?

The NAB Rewards card gives 10% off Accor prices, but only when paying with the NAB card. How do you avoid the NAB card 3% international transaction fee, when paying for overseas Accor accommodation?

Why are so few people talking about the NAB Accor partnership, is it because the deals are weak?
But you do get triple points (3.75) for international transactions

I didn't know about an Accor connection but one of the things about Accor is that it's difficult to get excited about the points.
They always have a fixed cash value so you can't make spectacular redemptions, buying something that you would otherwise find very hard to afford.
I don't know the Gold upgrade process either but apart from an increase to earn rate the additional benefits aren't dramatic (the hotel status benefits that tend to excite posters are free breakfast, lounge access and suite upgrades)
Doesn't mean that the Accor partnership is worthless just unlikely to generate lots of forum posts

Hi all,

Not sure if this is best suited here or in the Accor forum, but I’ll shoot my shot.

Currently looking into getting a Nab Rewards Signature card and converting points to Accor. I’m a lowly Accor Silver member so I want to also take advantage of the Gold upgrade as well.

Does anyone have any insight into the process of getting this upgrade applied to your account? I know you have to complete a stay with them first, but I have a trip coming up in the next month and I’ll be staying at a few Accor properties anyway and hoping I can be upgraded by the time I reach my second hotel.
No insight as such, but I have recently got back into the points game after being stuck at home for the last few years.

To trigger the fasttrack to gold you need to set up auto sweep from your NAB Rewards to Accor LL. Be careful as this sweep will sweep ALL your points across.
The sweep happens every sunday. After the sweep you should get an email with the fasttrack offer.

I am planning to get the fasttrack to gold and then activate my Accor Plus membership from my AMEX Plat to get the extra 20 days as a leg up to reach Platinum.

I've got a few trips planned this year so will likely be able to use many of the accor and amex plat benefits.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back