Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre_a

A new offer on this card:

75k after 1.5k spend in 3 months.
$250 Fee
Apply by 2nd Jan 2017

Usual terms and conditions.

Looks a good offer. My experience of dealing with NAB is positive. A bit too positive because I am still holding the card from the 60k offer.
icon9.png

Qantas Premium Exclusive - nabcampaigns

So 12 month exclusion period in operation then?

Not according to the T&C, seems like NAB remains the only major banks who does not insist on this 12 month condition.

Anyone game enough to double or trip-dip this offer?

Interesting:

"To be eligible for the Bonus points offer, you must apply for a new NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card by 2 January 2017, be approved, and spend $1,500 on everyday purchases within 90 days of opening your account. Everyday purchases exclude transactions NAB decides are wholly or partly for gambling or gaming purchases. NAB may vary or end this offer. Points will be credited to the qualifying members account within 3 months of meeting the spend criteria."

I assume not.

Not according to the T&C, seems like NAB remains the only major banks who does not insist on this 12 month condition.

Anyone game enough to double or trip-dip this offer?

I cancelled my NAB account about 6 weeks ago, but currently have 6 others at the moment. So I need to cancel some before applying for NAB. I'm unlikely to receive all of the points for these offerings in time to double dip, but I will be onto this offer before it expires.

I cancelled my NAB account about 6 weeks ago, but currently have 6 others at the moment. So I need to cancel some before applying for NAB. I'm unlikely to receive all of the points for these offerings in time to double dip, but I will be onto this offer before it expires.

Same, will be applying for this as soon as some of the others post and I can cancel the cards.

I bit the bullet, I mean, that is a lot of bonus points!

I already use the non-Premium card, so an extra 50% points on AMEX would be lovely.

Looks like a decent offer. Shame one has to stump up the annual fee to get the points.

I've read the T&Cs and think I'm good, but just double checking... Did anyone spot an exclusion/fine print for existing customers? (with other NAB products, not this card specifically.

I've read the T&Cs and think I'm good, but just double checking... Did anyone spot an exclusion/fine print for existing customers? (with other NAB products, not this card specifically.

This is the closest I see:

'[FONT=&amp]Offer is not available when closing/transferring from another NAB credit card account or in conjunction with any other NAB card offer, including other Qantas bonus points offers.'

So on that basis you seem OK.[/FONT]

This is the closest I see:

'[FONT=&]Offer is not available when closing/transferring from another NAB credit card account or in conjunction with any other NAB card offer, including other Qantas bonus points offers.'

So on that basis you seem OK.[/FONT]

With regards to this statement, so long as I pay my balance off with my existing card and then close it, and not transfer anything bought on it to the new card, would I be entitled to the bonus points?

I applied yesterday as I said and they approved me today.

I received my other card just under 12 months ago, so I'm really banking on them not worrying that I'm an existing customer who last received bonus points (on a different card) less than 12 months ago.

Looks pretty good!
I plan to sign up shortly and am hoping that my recent approval for the Citibank Signature card a few months ago won't hurt my chances? My other active cards are the ANZ Amex and Visa combo (I plan to cancel next month) and an Amex Plat Reserve (which I literally cancelled this afternoon).

With regards to this statement, so long as I pay my balance off with my existing card and then close it, and not transfer anything bought on it to the new card, would I be entitled to the bonus points?

I applied yesterday as I said and they approved me today.

I received my other card just under 12 months ago, so I'm really banking on them not worrying that I'm an existing customer who last received bonus points (on a different card) less than 12 months ago.
Did you send payslips? I assumed that as an existing customer they would see the fortnightly salary deposit and that would be sufficient.

But mine didn't go through today and I'm wondering if that's why.

Did you send payslips? I assumed that as an existing customer they would see the fortnightly salary deposit and that would be sufficient.

I've applied as a new customer and they've conditionally approved my application but they have requested documents to support the submitted details:-
- recent utility bill or bank statement or drivers license;
- recent telephone or internet bill showing phone number;
- Recent payslips or bank statement showing salary deposits;
- Bank statement showing other income

Hopefully this comes through in the next couple of days!

Looks pretty good!
I plan to sign up shortly and am hoping that my recent approval for the Citibank Signature card a few months ago won't hurt my chances? My other active cards are the ANZ Amex and Visa combo (I plan to cancel next month) and an Amex Plat Reserve (which I literally cancelled this afternoon).
To answer my own question... it wasn't a problem.
I've been provisionally approved and now they just want bank statements proving that I work a lot of overtime. This plus the citibank bonus (due in my account at the end of this month) should net me 145,000 over a fairly brief period of time! I need to book/release those QF F fares before I lose WP! :D

At the end of the application it suggested I send payslips, but I don't have any, I just exported my bank statement (despite being with them), that shows them what they needed to see and sent it to the email. Was approved probably 24-hours from when I sent the email.

By the way, minimum credit limit is meant to be 6,000, I was given 7,000! :shock: that's a lot for me!

Anyone found a way to get this card for free or get a reduction in 250 annual fee? The velocity card was only 150....

Anyone found a way to get this card for free or get a reduction in 250 annual fee? The velocity card was only 150....

If you have a home loan package with them, they may be able to link this card and get your yearly fee waived. I tried it with the velocity card deal and they had no problems in waiving the fee. I just did my min spend and waiting for bonus points.

This is the first "platinum/black" card where I've seen you get 1.5 bonus points on Qantas spend, rather than 1 bonus point. From their T&C's.

"You will earn 1.5 Bonus Points for every dollar charged to your Card Account for the purchase in Australia of the following services directly from Qantas (ie. where Qantas, and not its agent, is identified as the merchant on the credit card transaction): Qantas flights, Qantas Club and Qantas Frequent Flyer memberships, and, purchases from 'Qantas Travel' customer shopfronts."

That means 3/ppd on Qantas flights, compared to the other black CC's which you'd just get 2.5/ppd.

The ANZ Black for $425/yr is nearly identical (their Visa gives you .25 more points), and you get ANZ Visa 'exclusive entertainment' offers for which I've received 1 in 6 months.
And this NAB is $250, 3ppd for Qantas, and has 24/7 as well. Looks like you don't receive Qantas lounge access through when you buy international qantas flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back