NAB Conduct Misleading - NO BONUS POINTS FOR A PRODUCT SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applied for a new NAB QANTAS AMEX PLATINUM CARD hoping to recieve the bonus offer of 35,000. I did have an exisiting NAB QANTAS CARD. The NAB person suggested a product swap instead. Thinking this was the best way forward I agreed. I did make it clear i was after the sign up bonus of 35000 points

I have been informed product swaps DO NOT attract any bonus points
. At no point was this disclosed to me and my intention of obtaining the card was the BONUS POINTS.

I have lodged a complaint with NAB, I find this conduct deceptive and misleading as I explained I was making the application on tha basis of the offer of the points - dont we all!!

BEWARE OF SIGN UP OFFERS - CHECK TO SEE IF PRODUCT SWAPS ARE ELIGIBLE!!!

I will pursue this case externally. It has landed in the 'principle' basket.

SOP for NAB in my experience! If you don't take "no" for an answer they will probably give you the points. I got 100K pts out of them last year only after I produced screen shots of misleading/deceptive info on their web site which they initially tried to deny existed - they changed the info after I brought it to their attention then tried to tell me it wasn't there in the first place !

Stick it up 'em !!

Sounds like one for the Financial Services Ombudsman - at least the lodgement of the complaint with the FSO may bring about some positive action from NAB.

Do the terms and conditions mention the bonus points do not apply to existing NAB customers?

I know a lot of the Amex cards have this condition. I am not sure whether this implies new to Amex or new to the product. Amex has been trying the past couple of months to get me off the Platinum Rewards card onto the Platinum Edge card. I would rather wait for generous signon bonuses before applying.

Do the terms and conditions mention the bonus points do not apply to existing NAB customers?

I know a lot of the Amex cards have this condition. I am not sure whether this implies new to Amex or new to the product. Amex has been trying the past couple of months to get me off the Platinum Rewards card onto the Platinum Edge card. I would rather wait for generous signon bonuses before applying.

Not sure John this was a phone call and product transfer but safe to assume yes. The nab person knew why I was doing this and didn't point out I was ineligible to receive these.

As an update to this thread I received a call today from NAB saying they would honour the 35,000 points which will post within 7 days.

This is a satisfactory outcome but should never have been as drawn out as it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back