My newbie fail: Signing up to CommBank Diamond Awards for FF points. Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeister

As my title says, I made the rookie mistake nearly a year ago of signing up to Commbank's Diamond Awards Visa with the sole intention of racking up flyer points. I did so without any forethought or preparatory research and only now have come to the realisation that I could've been earning double the rate of QFF points all this time, if I only went with another card programme.
With that said, can anyone offer any consoling tips as at Oct 2019 about churning into a better card? (apart from the obvious suggestion of going with the ones suggested regularly by AFF, the ones with the sign-on points bonuses).

Help a brotha out? Thanks for any advice.

Contrary to your request, I suggest you do go with the obvious ones regularly suggested on AFF, they are regularly suggested for good reason......

Unless you have a large spend through business etc, the sign on bonuses give more points, my tip on churning into a better card is to not wait 12 months between churns

Contrary to your request, I suggest you do go with the obvious ones regularly suggested on AFF, they are regularly suggested for good reason......

Unless you have a large spend through business etc, the sign on bonuses give more points, my tip on churning into a better card is to not wait 12 months between churns

Thanks for your reply.
Re- the churn cycle, from a points acquisition point of view, should I be signing up to - and holding - as many cards as possible at any one time? What I'm trying to ask is what is the typical card holding and application cycle when one is focussed on earning and acquiring points? (sorry I'm still a noob)

(Assuming you want to churn) If you read up in the threads you will see what others do, but it is realistic to sign up to 3 or 4+ cards a year. Sign up, meet the spend criteria, receive the points, transfer them out, cancel the card, rinse and repeat. Keep records on when you cancel as many cards have 12 or 18 month exclusion periods on signup bonuses

Have a read here also regarding applications:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back