My ANZ credit card just got hacked

Pushka

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Yowsers. My ANZ credit card just got hacked. Only reason I knew was a text message at 1.30 pm purporting to be from ANZ with a OTP for an Officeworks transaction for $1500 online. Then I got another text. For KMart for $489. Looked in my app and saw two pending transactions, one for Bunnings for over $3300 and one for Amaysim for $70 😳🤬🤬Rang the ANZ stolen cards line (not the number in the text message) and while on the phone I got another text for Anaconda for $500. The three from text messages were refused as the buggers didn't get the code that was in the text but Bunnings let an online transaction go through without checking for over $3000!

$8000 worth of attempts within 20 minutes with 5 transactions. coughs.

Bloody heck. Another one now. For $1469 for Farfetch. My card has been cancelled but still getting them.

Yowsers. My ANZ credit card just got hacked. Only reason I knew was a text message at 1.30 pm purporting to be from ANZ with a OTP for an Officeworks transaction for $1500 online. Then I got another text. For KMart for $489. Looked in my app and saw two pending transactions, one for Bunnings for over $3300 and one for Amaysim for $70 😳🤬🤬Rang the ANZ stolen cards line (not the number in the text message) and while on the phone I got another text for Anaconda for $500. The three from text messages were refused as the buggers didn't get the code that was in the text but Bunnings let an online transaction go through without checking for over $3000!

Bloody heck. Another one now. For $1469 for Farfetch. My card has been cancelled but still getting them.
Oh no, what a pain - at least you caught it early but having to wait for a new CC etc is very inconvenient.

Oh no, what a pain - at least you caught it early but having to wait for a new CC etc is very inconvenient.
Apparently they can configure the new card in Apple wallet and she did this on the phone. I only use this card when vendors refuse AmEX and mostly use PayPal online which is the AmEX card. The last use of this card was Friday when I registered my car. Hmm. Have they been hacked?

Hacked by a POS machine instore?

I must be thick.. how can they do pos with no actual card, just the number and the key one assumes
Was the pos done withan intermediary process like Apple Pay or similar ?

I must be thick.. how can they do pos with no actual card, just the number and the key one assumes
Was the pos done withan intermediary process like Apple Pay or similar ?
I agree. However the EzyReg was done online also. Only the Samtass fish purchase used the physical card.

Ah. Gift cards. We were trying to think what would cost that much. Last time my card was hacked in a similar fashion, because they'd used a physical address for delivery, the credit card - 28 degrees, were able to track them down and they were charged. I was called to give evidence. I don't care, if ANZ charge me for them it's off to FIO I go. I've also messaged Bunnings to tell them to up their game. They should have used 2FA which is why I was alerted to one from Officeworks and which made me call ANZ.

Ive taken screenshots of my many phone calls to ANZ and all the texts and the pending charges which are all date and time stamped as proof.
So Im guessing they were buying Bunnings gift cards? At least they can be cancelled by Bunnings, I guess

I buy a couple of thousand dollars in gift cards every month online, Ive only once had to 2FA by memory.

Back