Move Amex points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan

Established Member
Looks like due to a change of card that i may need to move my points somewhere from Ascent...
I am tempted to move it to SQ or QF (QF is my primary FF program) but SQ is useful as a *A partner.

Hotels like Starwood but not sure if 3 to 1 is a good rate or not.

If registered with Ascent do the points belong to the card or can you just keep them with your new card ? (Change from Gold credit to Platinum Charge and Credit)

Also i head that the QFF redemption may be removed from Ascent, anybody have further info on this ?

E

Starwood - 660 -> 1000 until sometime in September

I went from Gold Charge to Platinum Charge recently and the points moved to the new card - but not the balance.

The general understanding is (I think) that QF will require direct sweep at some point in the future. So all points will need to go directly to QF when earned on Amex. You can still transfer at the moment though as "normal".

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Spirit Program (I have both Ascent and Spirit A/C's at the moment).

Also i head that the QFF redemption may be removed from Ascent, anybody have further info on this ?
As far as I am aware we can still redeem Amex MR points to QF at 1:1. There was an announcement recently that point redemptions for points to QFF are not available to new cardmembers that joined MR rewards after 1 August 2008.

I am not really too fussed whether QF remains a redemption partner with Amex but if they do decide to stop allowing redemptions from Ascent MR rewards to QFF then I hope we will be given plenty of notice to transfer MR points across.

Looks like due to a change of card that i may need to move my points somewhere from Ascent ...
I think this "change of cards" is forcing Evan to hold a card under the new rules which do not allow direct transfer to Qantas.

I think this "change of cards" is forcing Evan to hold a card under the new rules which do not allow direct transfer to Qantas.

This could be the case i need to call them tomorrow to clarify that.

Was that 1000 ascent points = 660 starwood OR
660 ascent points = 1000 starwood ???

E

Interesting that the new policies (seemingly moving towards mandatory sweeping cards only) will prevent transfers from Amex Corp Cards, which I would have thought would be a big points (and thus revenue) loss for QFF

This could be the case i need to call them tomorrow to clarify that.

Was that 1000 ascent points = 660 starwood OR
660 ascent points = 1000 starwood ???

E

1000 AScent -> 660 SPG

1000 AScent -> 660 SPG
For Amex to SPG, the current rate is:

Amex said:
Minimum of 1,000
Increments of 100
100 Membership Rewards Points = 60 Starwood Points

So 1000 Amex points becomes 600 SPG points, not 660.

I have been sending lots of 66,700 Amex points to SPG to become 40,040 SPG points. Then sending 40,000 SPG points to AA to become 50,000 AA pieces of candy.

Apologies for that - was sure I had read 660.

I am thinking about doing this myself shortly. Currently sat with 6794 SPG points. In a bit of a dilemma as to what to do as I wanted to use points to upgrade family to J BNE-SYD and me to F SYD-SFO... just not enough points floating around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back