More Bonus Points Offers - possibly targetted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxeflyer

Received this in email.

Spend $25 or more at major servos: 1,000 bonus points

Spend $200 or more at Myer, DJ, Big W, DSE: 2,000 bonus points

Spend $20 or more at restauranrs: 1,000 bonus points

Valid 1/10 - 30/11/12.

I also believe it's targetted. Instead of $20 at restaurants I got $25 at major supermarket.
And it only applies to the free reserve credit card not on my charge card.
Also it says offer valid for a single transaction only. I guess it mean you'll only get the bonus point once ?

I just received the same offer as deluxeflyer for my Gold AMEX CC. However my offer also has Target in the list of stores.

The T&Cs at the bottom of the email say:
Participation in the promotion is by invitation to Cardmembers that receive a personally addressed direct mail or email invitation for the promotion as nominated by American Express. Eligible purchases must be charged to the specific American Express card ending in xx_XX. (I've removed my card's identifying digits)

Well those are much better than the one i received!
Probably because i just canceled my platinum charge... haha

MAKE LIFE SWEETER

Spend $200 on Major household suppliers = 2000 Bonus points
Spend $1000 on Travel = 5000 Bonus points

I've got that make life sweeter offer too - might be trying to lure me to use my Reserve card which haven't been used for over a year.

I just received the same offer as deluxeflyer for my Gold AMEX CC. However my offer also has Target in the list of stores.

The T&Cs at the bottom of the email say:
Participation in the promotion is by invitation to Cardmembers that receive a personally addressed direct mail or email invitation for the promotion as nominated by American Express. Eligible purchases must be charged to the specific American Express card ending in xx_XX. (I've removed my card's identifying digits)
Mine included 5000 points for $1000 spent on travel and 2000 for expenditure over $200 and Bunnings, Harvey Norman, Good Guys.

I didn't get any emails about this :(
I have plat charge, plat reserve and plat edge! lol

Obviously it's targeted to low volume users!

Correct!

A family member of mine received one for a Gold charge card with low usage:

$20 or more at a restaurant and receive 1000 points
$200 or more though a major household supplier for 2000 points
$1000 or more on travel for 5000 points

Only valid ONCE per transaction though, or the restaurant one could have been quite useful

Well those are much better than the one i received!
Probably because i just canceled my platinum charge... haha

MAKE LIFE SWEETER

Spend $200 on Major household suppliers = 2000 Bonus points
Spend $1000 on Travel = 5000 Bonus points

I got this one as well but click on the email does not lead you to a page where you can register. Further, when you click on the T&C link it takes you into the Amex site with no further linking to T&C. I found it confusing.

Thanks Ltt. What about the T&C? The link in my email does not direct me to any T&C page.

I wonder if you can stack this offer on top of the existing Hardly Normal one?

10k points from the Hardly Normal promo + 2k points as part of this promo +1.5k points that you get normally for $1500 spend = 9% rebate in points. Not bad actually...

Hi guys, I got the following 3 offers on my personalised email from amex:

$25 petrol spend for 1000pts,
$200 spend at myer, big w etc for 2000pts
$200 spend at harvey norman, good guys etc for 2000pts

I went to coles express the other night to claim the fuel offer (my fuel bill was $53) and today i checked my points balance to find that Ive been credited with 1000 pts under "gas spend" aswell as another 1000 pts under "grocery spend" for a total bonus of 2000 pts!!! I was surprised with the "grocery spend" offer as 1. i did not spend anything on grocery and 2. I didnt get the grocery offer originally.

I would think that all amex members are eligble for all offers in the promo and not limited to the three that amex have given them in the email? I could surely make good use of the $1000 spend on travel and get the 5000pts.

I went to coles express the other night to claim the fuel offer (my fuel bill was $53) and today i checked my points balance to find that Ive been credited with 1000 pts under "gas spend" aswell as another 1000 pts under "grocery spend" for a total bonus of 2000 pts!!

That was quick. I went to Target as it was listed in my email and spent $200 on Wednesday, but the bonus points haven't come through so far. It says 8-10 weeks, so hopefully it will come through before then.

Obviously it's targeted to low volume users!

Not necessarily - I got the restaurant / petrol / groceries one and have put probably $60k through my Plat Reserve since I got it ~6 months ago.

Possibly targeted at people with low spend in the offered bonus categories though - haven't spent a cent on restaurants / petrol / groceries on this card, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back