Membership Rewards to American Airlines Advantage. Any method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

umberloidster

Intern
Hey folks,

I'm wondering if anyone has stumbled on a method of moving Membership Rewards to AA Advantage rewards program?

I have Platinum Charge, which used to be able to pipe out to Starwood Preferred Guest, from which you could transfer to AA.

Now that SPG has been gobbled up into Bonvoy, I gather that's no longer an option. Is there another way?

Specifically. I'm keen to work out a reliable way of redeeming Qatar reward flights to Europe (with less faffing about than one has to endure with Asia Miles.)

Cheers all!

You can still transfer from Marriott Bonvoy to AA, though the rates from Amex to Marriott is not so good anymore.

Buy AA miles when they are cheap is another option.

After the devaluation of the transfer rate from Amex to airlines and with no change to the Amex to bonvoy rate, it is relatively not so bad of a rate anymore.
It's not as good as the old amex to spg rate though.

Bonvoy to AA has not changed from the SPG rate before. 1 SPG point just equals 3 Bonvoy points.
You still get the bonus 5k miles for transfers of 60k Bonvoy points.

This, and the travel credit, are the only reasons I still have an Amex card in my wallet. The laundering rate via Marriott Bonvoy has significantly less than it used to be via SPG before all the changes, but it remains one way to continue to trickle feed points to my AAdvantage account, where they remain a valuable currency for me.

As mentioned you can transfer points to Marriott and then to AA (with the 5k points bonus), depending on how many points you need, you can also look into the Marriott Holiday packages, not sure how good they are post devaluation but depending on your circumstances it might work.

Marriott travel packages are cough now. Only in very rare circumstances would they be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back