Marco Polo Gold for Amex Platinum Cardholder (AUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywalkerLAX

Dear all,

as this topic is widely discussed on FT I talked to an AX Representative today who forwarded me the application .pdf to apply for Cathay Pacific Asia Miles Gold through a special promotion with American Express.

The form does not state an expiry date though rumor has it that it will end in either JAN or FEB 2012.

I would upload it but the pdf is too large. You can also get it through AX Customer Service or send me a PM and I can email it to you.

Cheers & Happy NY
S.

PM sent.
Sounds like an interesting deal. :)

Sent it off to you.

I was asking in the AMEX Thread already but nobody replied so I figured it's worth a shot to poke AMEX a little. :D

The offer has been around in Europe, Canada & the US for a while already. I think only upon request though and not advertised.

It was originally targeted... in approx Aug... I received one at the time as a Plat..

Took up the Centurion offer recently and they were offering Marco Polo Diamond in place of Gold.
I rang up, same as you and got the form. Took approx 3 weeks for new account to be set up and another 1-2 weeks to get the card.
Status is valid for one year from receipt of card.

Enjoy!

I received it as a targetted offer in August. There is another thread about it here somewhere. Gold status is valid for 12 months and you have to fly enough with them to retain status at the end of the 12 months. My application took about 6 weeks to be processed.

Mail : American Express Australia Limited Platinum Travel Services
Attn : Database Team Sydney
Reply Paid 458
Sydney. NSW. 2001

Fax: 1800 246 481 / +61 2 9271 9837

This is great news. I am just waiting on my card to arrive now and had been wondering about this.

Thanks very much skywalkerLAX, I don't have enough posts to PM you on here, but could I PM you at FT?

Cheers,
Pozza

This at least somewhat compensates the 900$ fee p.a. together with the 80k MR Welcome Points. :idea:

The offer is still open. Thanks SkywalkerLAX for the info. Shame it's only for the main member and not supp within Australia. I noted UK Amex Plat supp member gets the CX Gold. I wonder why the discrepancy?

Kraken vft

Skywalker, if you see this please clear your inbox - I can't reply to your PM because your inbox is full :-(

I got this offer with my NZ-based card. The fine print states the status is only good for a year, you have to re-qualify as per the CX programme after that. Check the fine print if this condition is still there.

Just a heads up that this offer is definitely still open to Australian Platinum charge card holders - I had to specifically ask about it, but after I did one of their travel people sent me a copy of the enrolment form.

Does anyone know if the status lasts exactly 12 months? Or is it 12 months + rest of calendar year (or similar)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back