Making repayments via BPay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzyss

A quick question: if I wanted to pay off my Altitude card using BPay, what would be the biller code and reference number? I'm at work and all my statements are at home, but I'd like to get this done sooner rather than later.

A quick question: if I wanted to pay off my Altitude card using BPay, what would be the biller code and reference number? I'm at work and all my statements are at home, but I'd like to get this done sooner rather than later.

It's usually 5181 and your credit card account number.

If you have Westpac online banking you can check your statement online.

It's usually 5181 and your card number.

If you have Westpac online banking you can check your statement online.
Cheers, thanks for the quick reply!

I do have online banking, but the statements don't contain any payment info (probably because I've elected to use automatic direct debit - minimum repayment only - and so the section that would normally contain the "how to pay" info is replaced by that... I think...)

here 'tis...

USING BPAY - contact any participating institution to make this payment
from your cheque or savings account. When prompted, simply enter the
Biller Code 5181 and your credit card account number as your reference
number.

The statements do contain the BPAY payment information.

You are looking at the transaction list, not the electronic statement.

I also pay by direct debit.

Sorry, I should have added, you need to go one step further and choose “Print as Statement” to see that information.

I wish that Westpac would offer pretty PDF statements like NAB does.

Sorry, I should have added, you need to go one step further and choose “Print as Statement” to see that information.

I wish that Westpac would offer pretty PDF statements like NAB does.
LOL, agreed.

Thanks for the info. I didn't figure that the printable version would be different to the other one. Thought it would be the same thing sans-menus.

LOL, agreed.

Thanks for the info. I didn't figure that the printable version would be different to the other one. Thought it would be the same thing sans-menus.
Your error is that you were thinking logically :!:

LOL, agreed.

Off-topic, but I note that PDF statements are now available for some accounts.

However, the Westpac online banking system remains a mess and looks like some 12 year old designed it for a school project.

However, the Westpac online banking system remains a mess and looks like some 12 year old designed it for a school project.

On my accounts list I still have 2 now closed Mastercard accounts still listed. They were closed 3-4 years ago with no transactions since. Ive tried to have them removed but was advised that it currently not possible to remove them from my accounts list.

Last time i checked was 2 years ago and they are still there.

Off-topic, but I note that PDF statements are now available for some accounts.

Try their online broking system for something that looks like it was knocked together as a school project.

On my accounts list I still have 2 now closed Mastercard accounts still listed. They were closed 3-4 years ago with no transactions since. Ive tried to have them removed but was advised that it currently not possible to remove them from my accounts list.

Last time i checked was 2 years ago and they are still there.

There is a periodic purge that happens with these every few years. Certain criteria must be met before they are purged (or de-linked from the customer key).

It is my understanding that if a customer is really annoyed they will create a new customer key for you and move those cards to that 2nd key, so you don't see them when you log in to internet banking.

That 2nd key is then marked "do not amalgamate" so that someone later doesn't come along and amalgamate the two keys which appear to belong to the one customer.

Accounts displayed in internet banking are accounts linked to your customer key (a number formulaically linked to your customer number).

OT, but do you know if you get the same Key if you go back years after closing other accounts?

I used to have a fantastic Key and would go back if I would get it..

OT, but do you know if you get the same Key if you go back years after closing other accounts?

I used to have a fantastic Key and would go back if I would get it..

You mean customer number?

Customer key is 11 digits and used internally. Customer number is 8 digits and derived from the customer key.

Keys (and hence customer numbers) used to be deleted overnight when nothing was linked to it. Then, I think, the process changed so they remained active for some time before being purged.

It is highly likely that the key is still active as there's usually some mailing indicator or card or something attached.

You could easily call telephone banking, give them your customer number, identify yourself and away you go :)

Would this have something to do with audit / tax purposes maybe? Or do you think it'd still be there after the 7 year period?

Would this have something to do with audit / tax purposes maybe? Or do you think it'd still be there after the 7 year period?

Nothing more than poor processes at Westpac.

It is my understanding that old credit card accounts showing on internet banking are the source of regular complaints.

A simple solution that could have been implemented long ago would be to allow customers to select accounts they would like to hide from internet banking.

Gail Kelly must be too busy filing her nails, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back