Make sure you check all your credit files

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOPOOR

Established Member
so I only check my credit file when I actually apply for a new card, and I only check the recent applications,

so the other day I decided to order a full copy rather than rely on the online dashboard of Experian

turns out according to them I have 6 Amex cards, when ive only had 2 in my life

turns out that one card I applied for a while ago, they did 2 credit hits 2 days apart

turns out one of my current credit card, the limit shown is wrong by 100%

Have raised a dispute with them and having them removed as we speak, not sure if this will affect my credit score as it was pretty healthy

so it pays to go through your credit file every so often ladies and gentlemen!

Who did you order your credit history report thought and how much did it cost?

thanks,

Who did you order your credit history report thought and how much did it cost?

thanks,
most/all of them have a free service that takes about 10 days, you can pay extra and get it in a day or two though,

just google them
some info may be old but I used to and currently went through

try
mycreditfile
creditsavvy
experian

Thanks for the tip - just found a correction that I will need to do - Citibank still have a Qantas Premier Mastercard of mine that creditsavy says is still open, but account was closed many months ago. I imagine many credit providers are a bit "slack" about reporting closed accounts....

I will second this advice, I had several mortgages under mine which shouldn’t have been there. Took a couple of months to sort out...

I will second this advice, I had several mortgages under mine which shouldn’t have been there. Took a couple of months to sort out...
that is a much bigger deal than having a few extra credit hits!!

very weird,

today I got my monthly update

in 3 months mine has gone from 654, 702, 809, 814
and the only thing I did was open a westpac business master card
have not changed any limits, closed accounts or anything

... Citibank still have a Qantas Premier Mastercard of mine that creditsavy says is still open, but account was closed many months ago ...
Similar situation here. I ended up writing to Citi, insisting that they correct this. Finally fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back