Status
Not open for further replies.

fantasy86dj

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
Good morning all :)

Just a quick question. How would I know if I have an offer to increase my credit limit for my NAB card? Will I get a text message or will there be something in internet banking? It's been 6 months since I last had a limit increase but I was ringing up NAB about my transaction account when I was told there was an offer to increase my credit limit and nothing came through on interent banking. I have registered for offers before the change of laws kicked in last month.

Thanks!!

From speaking to people in the banking industry it is all just changed and I think they are looking very hard at all personal banking/credit card application.

As with all banks, if you DONT pay the entire balance off each month you will get increase offers.

Be responsible, spend more than your credit limit each month and continue paying the balance in full and you'll have a tough time getting an increase without supporting financials.

As with all banks, if you DONT pay the entire balance off each month you will get increase offers.

Be responsible, spend more than your credit limit each month and continue paying the balance in full and you'll have a tough time getting an increase without supporting financials.

I needed that laugh!! So true though lol!

Sounds like I'll never qualify for another increase.

I actually asked for an increase last year with a perfect 4+ year record of paying off in full every month.

When I rang this was evident but I was told she would have to refer it to her supervisor. She was very embarrassed saying that with my record it should have been automatically approved. I received a phone call about four hours later saying it was all done.

Now if I need to spend more I just make a payment when I am getting near my limit so I can continue to spend more.

Sounds like I'll never qualify for another increase.

I actually asked for an increase last year with a perfect 4+ year record of paying off in full every month.

When I rang this was evident but I was told she would have to refer it to her supervisor. She was very embarrassed saying that with my record it should have been automatically approved. I received a phone call about four hours later saying it was all done.

Now if I need to spend more I just make a payment when I am getting near my limit so I can continue to spend more.

Wow!!! What an experience to have to go through, glad it all got sorted though.

I ended up giving the call centre a buzz - asked them if I could get a limit increase, I had to nominate a credit limit the operator could see what the maximum would be but would not tell me. I gave them one number but in the end I took that back and asked for another grand more and I got it.

In then past, being obne who pays off the balance in full each month, I have had unsolicited increased limit suggestions from NAB. This has all changed as banking and consumer protection legislation has become more restrictive - another instance of the 'nanny state' creeping up on us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back