Kris Flyer 20% bonus during November

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowman28

Just saw the ANZ Rewards website, if you convert your reward points to Kris Flyer points during November, you'll get 20% bonus Kris Flyer miles.

Anyone got it already?

There is no upper limit to the conversion, so if you got 1 million Kris Flyer miles for conversion, you might end up with 1.2m Kris Flyer miles, this sounds really good?

This makes a conversion rate of 2.5:1. Based on the Amex earn it's 1.2 KrisFlyer per dollar. Altitude Black it's an effective rate of 1.5 KF/$. I'm happy with the latter.

There is no upper limit to the conversion, so if you got 1 million Kris Flyer miles for conversion, you might end up with 1.2m Kris Flyer miles, this sounds really good?

Lets hope it is for all cards and not just ANZ. However I just checked the Amex sight and there is no mention of a Krisflyer bonus on the flight transfer page where they post such boni.

20% would be amazing. Last time Amex had a transfer bonus it was 10% and I moved over 1.5 million. If they offer 20% I would look to move a million this time .

This makes a conversion rate of 2.5:1. Based on the Amex earn it's 1.2 KrisFlyer per dollar. Altitude Black it's an effective rate of 1.5 KF/$. I'm happy with the latter.

I really don't mind which card is better, as I already got 1,000,000 Kris Flyer miles sitting in my ANZ Rewards account for some time.

Now I can just gain an extra 200k miles by transferring in one go this month!

Total surprise, as good as Xmas present from ANZ :)

Tried to put across ANZ Business rewards - unlucky the 20% only applies to personal cards ;(

I saw this too, but I'm holding back at present knowing that if I leave the points in the ANZ rewards account they don't expire, but they do have an expiry date once transferred to KrisFlyer. As I do my MEL-LHR return trip only once a year now and have already booked for May next year at the special offer price (that expires 15 Nov.), I would not expect now to to be travelling again until mid-2015. Am I right in thinking that points transferred now (i.e. before 30 Nov.) would have expired by then?

I would not expect now to to be travelling again until mid-2015. Am I right in thinking that points transferred now (i.e. before 30 Nov.) would have expired by then?

There is a 3 year expiry with KF miles. Also, you only have to make a booking by the exp date, you don't actually have to fly by then. In other words, pts transferred now will be good for bookings placed up to Nov 2016, which in theory could be for a flight as late as Oct 2017.

You can also extend the validity of KF miles for 6 months (at a cost).

That's great news, Jack3193. Many thanks for the instant response. I couldn't find that information in a hurry on the SQ website.

That's great news, Jack3193. Many thanks for the instant response. I couldn't find that information in a hurry on the SQ website.

No worries - I know what you mean, as they don't seem to highlight this information on their website. I had to search for the KF T&Cs to find it when I was trying to work out how long my KF miles would be valid for! Here's a link: http://www.singaporeair.com/registerKFUser.form?showTnC=y

See numbers B17-20 and E5 in particular. Also, I should clarify that an award flight has to be ticketed (not just booked)before the miles expire. Ticketing doesn't necessarily happen on the same day that the booking is made, but I think it normally does, unless you include a waitlisted flight in your itinerary. FYI, I had miles expiring in September 2013, but I made a booking in July 2013 for flights in April 2014, without any problems.

Transferred some points into my Kris Flyer account last Wed, but the bonus points haven't appeared in it yet. May be they don't want us to spend the extra points in Xmas?

The terms said it will be credited to the account by 24 Jan 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back