Interesting possibility with Westpac BT offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isochronous

Established Member
I was on the phone with WBC to take up their new 0% for 20 months BT offer, and the guy on the phone told me that you can actually use the offer twice. So, for example:

1) You BT the maximum 95% of the limit - for argument's sake, let's say this is $10k;
2) You can then pay WBC back, and do another BT under the special offer - so provided you have cash sitting somewhere else, you can use this to obtain 190% of your credit limit at 0% for 20 months.

Potentially a good opportunity to cycle money around your accounts/cards.

Existing credit card or new application?

I have a 0% balance transfer through to May 2016 on a low rate Westpac credit card with ~$15,000 limit. This sounds like a great deal.

Epic fail. You would have 9.5K out of 10K limit in total.
So what's the point...

Epic fail. You would have 9.5K out of 10K limit in total.
So what's the point...
If your other credit card also has a low rate balance transfer available you can start a new cycle of balance transfers.

e.g. CBA has ongoing 5.99% for 5 months, NAB has 4.99% for 6-18 months, HSBC has 2.99% for 9 months or 4.99% for 14 months, Virgin Money 0% for 6 months, Bankwest 2.99% for 6 months etc etc.

This doesn't make sense. If you have money lying around, the most it could earn would be ~4% sitting in a mortgage offset account. If you have any CC debt on non-zero BT offers, even if 2.99% or something, I would suggest just paying it off and cutting up the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back