I'm no fanboy but... [platinum credit card]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowtown

i paid $400 for a yearly membership

today i redeemed flight worth about $300

support from amex is EXCELLENT, i've had to call up about 10 times (auto payment problems) and only once have i had to wait (for about 10 mins)

the rest were *immediate* pickups

booking the flight was immediate too..

only complaint is that not everyone accepts amex.

Yep, the Plat Amex Credit card has excellent service and the free flight is still pretty good (although not as great as it once was as Perth got removed as a destination from the East coast)

i paid $400 for a yearly membership

today i redeemed flight worth about $300

It's interesting - if the cost of QANTAS flights continues to rise with fuel rises, will the cost of the Amex annual fee do so as well?

I have just gone the plat cc route.
Looked at all the other options and decided to stick with Amex.
They really do their products well, and I have always been happy to pay for good service.

Sorry to reopen an old thread, but I've just recently got the Plat CC and looking to redeem a flight.

I think I now know why Louisa said only 11% were redeeming. I was not sent any info on how to do so, and a quick scour over the site hasn't given me anything...... can it only be done via the phone?

Phone only.

Basically you can only book the cheapest red e-deal (think O Class). They will be willing to offer an upgrade (to the more expensive red e-deal - think N class) - price is the same as the difference on the QF website.

Interestingly when a Red Sale is on, qF reduces the O Class price only, so the upgrade fee actually increases.

Phone only.

Basically you can only book the cheapest red e-deal (think O Class). They will be willing to offer an upgrade (to the more expensive red e-deal - think N class) - price is the same as the difference on the QF website.

Interestingly when a Red Sale is on, qF reduces the O Class price only, so the upgrade fee actually increases.

Cool, thanks. As mentioned, I would contribute that as being a factor as to the current low redemption rate... new customers aren't really made aware of how it can be done :rolleyes:

Anyone know if it's calendar year or membership year?

Thanks!! That's actually good as that gives me a bit more time to use up rahter than rushing throgh by xmas (when no doubt availability is rubbish!)

Thanks!! That's actually good as that gives me a bit more time to use up rahter than rushing throgh by xmas (when no doubt availability is rubbish!)

You can also (I believe) book the ticket in one membership year, and use it in the next.

There was a thread about a month or two ago which I started regarding Ultimate/Plat value. Some of the feedback regarding value was that many had got free membership ($0) based on an annual spend of over ~$30K. Thinking I was getting a good deal at $395/year my eyes lit up at this point. 11 months in to my current membership year and I am at $45K spend so rang to state that I would cancel if they didn't give it to me for free and voila!

So, 1.5 points, return flight (worth up to $300) and a reasonable International travel insurance. Not bad value for $0 a year. Still, I'd rather have a Platinum than Ultimate for the flexibility but not complaining.

GM

So, 1.5 points, return flight (worth up to $300) and a reasonable International travel insurance. Not bad value for $0 a year. Still, I'd rather have a Platinum than Ultimate for the flexibility but not complaining.

While I agree with the sentiment on the increased flexibilty of the platinum, I also would take a free Ultimate over a $395/year platinum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back