How to transfer Citi Reward points to KF/VA/AM...etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAG newbie

Stupid question, really. But Citibank's website is one of the most user unfriendly! I've been browsing around and there is just not a single icon that says "transfer points" or anything like it.

I tried "redeem now" and all it does is transfer me into the reward shop page where I can only redeem toasters or iphones...etc.
I tried "reward" icon in My Citi page, and click on "Miles registration", and it says "To access Cards Services, you need to have an eligible product."

I am new to Citi so I am still very unfamiliar with how it works. I have Westpac Altitude black and CBA Diamond card, and I must say both are much easier as there is a simple icon that allows you to transfer points. Do I need to "register" my FFPs? Or do I need to call to transfer my points? Am I missing something when I applied the card?

FYI, I have a Citi Prestige card.

Thanks in advance

Once you select the redeem now tab, there should be another tab for points transfer.

If all hope fails becasue citi website is so poorly designed and not practical for the end user.

Call Citi prestige priority line and they can help you transfer points.

You will need to register/link FPP (they can do this for you over the phone) and complete the transfer.

You will receive email notifications once the transfer is complete and the points normally take up to 48 hours to reach your account VA/KFF.

Cheers
leyy

Once you select the redeem now tab, there should be another tab for points transfer.

If all hope fails becasue citi website is so poorly designed and not practical for the end user.

Call Citi prestige priority line and they can help you transfer points.

You will need to register/link FPP (they can do this for you over the phone) and complete the transfer.

You will receive email notifications once the transfer is complete and the points normally take up to 48 hours to reach your account VA/KFF.

Cheers
leyy

Thank for the advise. I still can't find that tab for "Points Transfer" so I called Citi Prestige. I was advised that they are undergoing some "enhancement" so that function is temporarily unavailable and point transfers has to be done over the phone now.

BTW, the phone is as user unfriendly as it's website and customer service is as good as Lifemiles. I am still having trouble setting up my direct debit (they asked me to download the form from the website, which I can never find, and I asked the to email me one it still hasn't arrive yet), and they gave me a disconnected number for the Citi Concierge..... Not sure if anyone has a better experience. I can't believe I am paying $700 annual fee for such service.

I was advised that they are undergoing some "enhancement" so that function is temporarily unavailable and point transfers has to be done over the phone now.
I am having the same problem. I'd like to transfer to VA to make the most of the 15% bonus that runs out on 31/5. Would this still be obtained even with a phone transfer? I'm not sure if it's dependent on VA to apply it or if it's acitvated online only.

Unfortunately knasty's advice didn't help me. Perhaps I misunderstood something.

Gizzard I.was referring to your comment about finding the.easy pay direct debit form online, rather than points transfer. It's widely agreed that citi has very average customer service and technology, but they make up for it with some pretty decent products.

Gizzard I.was referring to your comment about finding the.easy pay direct debit form online, rather than points transfer. It's widely agreed that citi has very average customer service and technology, but they make up for it with some pretty decent products.

Ok, that's clearer. It wasn't my comment though, it was VAG newbie's. I expect that it will help him/her.

Ok, that's clearer. It wasn't my comment though, it was VAG newbie's. I expect that it will help him/her.

Yes it did. I got the form and submitted it already. Thanks for the tip. I was googling "Citibank direct debit form" and all I got was one for mortgage repayment.

In regards to 15% bonus with transfer over the phone, citibank should be able to tell you how much bonus you are entitled to. It is the bank that is buying the miles from VA rather than an actual exchange of points (what is VA gonna do with Citireward points?). So citi should know how much they are buying.

When I transferred from CBA, it actually tells me how much bonus I will receive before I transferred. All done online, simple and easy. Points appeared in 24hrs.

I have found the new Citi website to be an absolute dream. Have been able to transfer bizarre, odd numbers of points to SQ no problem so as not to have any lying in SQ.
All worked a treat. I agree the old site was a disaster but this is finally something useful for me. Sorry you are having such hassles

I have found the new Citi website to be an absolute dream. Have been able to transfer bizarre, odd numbers of points to SQ no problem so as not to have any lying in SQ.
All worked a treat. I agree the old site was a disaster but this is finally something useful for me. Sorry you are having such hassles

Have they fix it yet? I haven't had a look lately as I decided to use my altitude reward to secure my seat. FYI, Westpac took 3-4 hours for the points to arrive if you transfer in the morning on weekdays.

I received this message from Citibank today:

"As we are still encountering intermittent issues with our online rewards
and redemption website, we recommend that you contact us in order for
your Frequent Flyer details to be manually included in your account."

Glad I transferred to Velocity last week
... expected a late rush may confuse things with the Citi website.

Yes it did. I got the form and submitted it already. Thanks for the tip. I was googling "Citibank direct debit form" and all I got was one for mortgage repayment.

In regards to 15% bonus with transfer over the phone, citibank should be able to tell you how much bonus you are entitled to. It is the bank that is buying the miles from VA rather than an actual exchange of points (what is VA gonna do with Citireward points?). So citi should know how much they are buying.

When I transferred from CBA, it actually tells me how much bonus I will receive before I transferred. All done online, simple and easy. Points appeared in 24hrs.

It pays to double check that they setup the easi pay correctly. Last month they deducted only minimum payment when I clearly ticked full payment on the the form. This month the payment was rejected because whilst they updated the payment term from minimum to full balance they inputted the wrong account number. Each time they asked me to fill in a new form and each time I said why, the form was correct and you have a copy of.it but it's not been input in your system properly...good products, incompetent backoffice staff.

I had the 'opportunity' to transfer some points to my velocity account a while back, couldn't work out how to do it for the life of me using their online system.
Had to resort to calling an operator and get them to do it for me, this was after I emailed Citibank asking them to explain how to do it on their online system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back