Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Gold
Oneworld
Emerald
Star Alliance
Gold
I need to personally book a last minute full-fare J trip internationally ($20k+).

Just got accepted for the platinum card.

QUESTION: they say 7 business days to deliver. Calling in says "can't do anything". Any other advice on how to get - at least the card numbers, as soon as possible?

Thanks

Last edited:
They usually send platinum cards out with DHL - I got mine pretty quick - day after approval. How long have you been waiting?

They usually send platinum cards out with DHL - I got mine pretty quick - day after approval. How long have you been waiting?
This was my experience too - I think mine came express post or by courier, and it arrived within a couple of days.

15 minutes... LOL

15 minutes... LOL
You probably missed the cutoff for shipment today so I'd say you could likely expect it around Monday-ish next week.

The call centre can usually provide the tracking number to you if it has been shipped.

I had a new platinum card sent to me this week, which was dispatched by American Express from Sydney via regular post on Monday, with the tracking email giving me an ETA of 7 days time, and was at my mailbox in regional NSW on Wednesday.

It might depend on your location as to the method of delivery, as I suspect the lack of courier services delivering to my area may have been why it was sent in the ordinary post. In any case I think I was quite lucky as Australia Post delivery times to my location seem to vary wildly, even when sent 'express'.

Not related to your question but a fun story:

When I was approved earlier this year I was told "up to a week" to get the card. All good. Week goes by, nothing. Wait another week. Nothing. So get in contact with Amex and ask where the card is.

Dude says it was processed the morning after approval and dispatched via AusPost that day. It should have been in my hands already. Nope. So they kindly organised a replacement card and had it sent via DHL, which I had two days later.

A month later the original card shows up. Along with a coughload of other mail.

The street I live on was undergoing resurfacing, and despite still being accessible, AusPost had decided to just not deliver mail for 6 weeks. Never told anyone or gave us other options, just chose to not deliver any mail. cough.

Not related to your question but a fun story:

When I was approved earlier this year I was told "up to a week" to get the card. All good. Week goes by, nothing. Wait another week. Nothing. So get in contact with Amex and ask where the card is.

Dude says it was processed the morning after approval and dispatched via AusPost that day. It should have been in my hands already. Nope. So they kindly organised a replacement card and had it sent via DHL, which I had two days later.

A month later the original card shows up. Along with a coughload of other mail.

The street I live on was undergoing resurfacing, and despite still being accessible, AusPost had decided to just not deliver mail for 6 weeks. Never told anyone or gave us other options, just chose to not deliver any mail. cough.
Did anyone complain? Get a response?

Did anyone complain? Get a response?

I didn't, and the only reason I didn't notice the lack of mail was because I have almost everything delivered to my PO Box. The stuff that showed up for me was mailing list stuff that I don't really care about.

One of the neighbours made a fuss as he missed something that was time-sensitive and has caused a bit of drama. Last I spoke to him he was mentioning something about lawyers, but dunno how far that will go.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back