HotelClub Bonus Points Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowRoller

Hi,

I recently booked 2 x 2 night stays via the HotelClub/Amex promotion. When I checked my points earned it was just the standard 1.5 points for Plat Card Holders. I spoke to customer service and he mentioned that they credit bonus points if the transaction said "HotelClub" on it. Mine said "
www_flariview dotcom http: SYDNEY". I checked a Flairview website (could not find a Flariview website) and apparently it is the holding/parent company for HotelClub and other travel websites. I mentioned this fact to Cust Service ahd he said he will check and get back to me in 14 days time. Has anyone had an issue getting bonus points credited for HotelClub bookings? If so, did you manage to get the bonus points in the end?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

L

Rep is wrong. Its not based on the merchant but rather transactions based on the click through via the amex link.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AustFreqFly

www_flariview dotcom http: SYDNEY - Is still HotelClub and you will get the points... Eventually...

They have taken 6-14 weeks to appear in all bookings I have made, except for one batch which never turned up..

So after 8 weeks call Amex if you don't have the points

Thanks Mal and Lovestotravel,

I'll wait a few more weeks before I call them again.

Cheers,

L

Terms and conditions say 8-10 weeks. Called up in 11th week and was told points would be in account within the week. Came back from a holiday and 13th week with still no points. One very angry call and got the points credited immediately as a "points adjustment" rather than bonus points. They indicated that once their marketing department sorts their cough out the bonus points will appear on my account and the points adjustment will be deducted from the account. Second lot of points have been credited but refund hasn't happened. Lets see if I get to keep it!

Flairview for me too.

Oh and while i have had flairview travel as the merchant before, the last few bookings ive made have come through as hotelclub. Potentially they have several merchant accounts.

As commented earlier, it doesnt really matter. The bonus points work as an affiliate scheme and is based on using the link.

Note that hotels.com and their amex offer rely only on the merchant account, altho im not sure if they are still offering bonus points.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AustFreqFly

I also had problems with getting the HotelClub points, had to call a couple of times after the 10 week window was up. Amex really must waste a lot of time chasing all the HotelClub points manually.

Whereas Hotels.Com posted immediately alongside the transaction - so that one was clearly triggered by a match to the merchant account.

My guess is that HotelClub want to manage the process manually (and maybe hope that a bunch of people won't bother chasing them) but I'm surprised Amex let this happen as it's their staff who have to take the calls and look incompetent.

To close this off,

I made a booking on the 25th Jan 2012. I received my bonus points, 21, Feb 2012. 4 weeks to the day.

Cheers,

L

My guess is that HotelClub want to manage the process manually (and maybe hope that a bunch of people won't bother chasing them) but I'm surprised Amex let this happen as it's their staff who have to take the calls and look incompetent.

HotelClub have a variety of affiliate schemes on offer. They obviously don't want people double dipping with bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back