Hilton Honors | Page 4 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Hilton Honors

SponsorSFC

The relevant T&C are still available here:
Hilton Honors Platinum Credit Card | Earn Points | Macquarie
17. Offer is limited to new applicants only. To be eligible for this offer, you must apply and be approved for a Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card between 12:01am AEST 22 June 2017 and 11.59pm AEST 31 January 2018. Primary or additional cardholder annual fees may be introduced or varied in future.

earlyriser

Flights
My Map
I know this is no secret to those that frequent here but the price fluctuations at Hilton Sydney still boggle the mind. I was looking to stay on Saturday night but earlier today the prices were over $500 so I made alternative arrangements. I just checked again and it is $316.

DC3

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
... but the price fluctuations at Hilton Sydney still boggle the mind. I was looking to stay on Saturday night but earlier today the prices were over $500 so I made alternative arrangements. I just checked again and it is $316.
Sunday’s may not suit, but it’s usually a bargain compared to any other night.

Edit: And you’re right about checking closer to the night. Sometimes better booking with the cancellable rate, then re-checking often

hydrabyss

Flights
My Map
I know this is no secret to those that frequent here but the price fluctuations at Hilton Sydney still boggle the mind. I was looking to stay on Saturday night but earlier today the prices were over $500 so I made alternative arrangements. I just checked again and it is $316.
February is always a bad month with Chinese new year pushing the price up.

Regarding the rates I believe they are set automatically by a computer program based on demand but they can override if needed.

Aeolus

AFF Supporter
Always make alternative bookings that can be cancelled, then check HSYD from 3 days out, once in the morning and another time around 5pm. You'ld be surprised at how much the price could go up/down in the 3 days leading to the day of the stay. Hope this helps.

earlyriser

Flights
My Map
Thanks for the advice. I am catching the train up from CBR which has somewhat predictable price fluctuations (higher closer to the date). So, I chose to book the first class seat on the train and come back to CBR in the same day rather than stay the night.

I have still been checking the app though and it has been changing frequently between $450+ and $316.

D

Deleted member 29185

I'd been looking for this Mon night. When @earlyriser first posted (Wednesday), H-SYD was over $500. Looked again last night and it was over $700! :eek: Yeah, right. That old advice from "The Castle" sprung to mind ... "tell 'em they're dreaming"!

straitman

Flights
My Map
I guess it's time for me to ring the Diamond desk and see what they'll help me with toward retaining Diamond. I might have to use my free year! :(
Let us know how you get on - in the same boat
Well slack me never did get to make contact. I only had a handful of stays last year and these appear to have been credited towards this year.
All I can say is thank you as this morning I received the following email.
upload_2019-3-21_9-19-28.png

earlyriser

Flights
My Map
I got the same email and I am a bit confused. Through the Macquarie card shouldn't we be getting status through 2021? Does this just mean we will be getting the same email in 365 days?

straitman

Flights
My Map
I got the same email and I am a bit confused. Through the Macquarie card shouldn't we be getting status through 2021? Does this just mean we will be getting the same email in 365 days?
Maybe.

I need to do some sums as I aren’t sure that my Macquarie spend was up to the qualifying line enough.

I won’t be chasing the for clarification though.

woodborer

Macquarie said the extensions to 2021 would be done in May.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
I received an email this morning extending my Gold status until 2020. No stays for the past 2-3 years but about to book 3 nights in Thailand for next month where Gold benefit would be useful.

VPS

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
So it's now the 4th April and I'm still Diamond so looks like it might have stuck which will be good because then I can use my free night somewhere nice - be even better if it's extended until 2021 - winner winner

earlyriser

Flights
My Map
It has been a long time since I stayed at a Hampton Inn but did not receive the Diamond MyWay bonus at a recent stay. Is this normal?

pjm99au

Flights
My Map
Depending on your my way preferences at a Hampton inn you should get a bottle of water and snack or 250 points. You can check your assigned benefit via the app.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PlexWeb