Going to the Olympics? Don't forget your Visa

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 28 degrees and HSBC London account for the Olympics.

We have 28 degrees and HSBC London account for the Olympics.

With the 28 Degrees being Mastercard, you may run into some issues around the Olympic venue. I think it's bloody pathetic what Visa and the Olympic organisers have done!

While big money is no doubt being exchanged for this, I agree with flashware...Not cool.

I first noticed it when I went in to the Olympic store at Heathrow T5 a few months ago. I was considering making a purchase, but visa only! All I had was Mastercard...

Pays to be informed!

I will enjoy using my 28 Degrees card then a few kms from the Olympics and use that cash to buy food and drink at the venues.
HSBC will work on the minor memorabilia as you say.

Whilst it may not be cool, I can see why it's done. Visa pay a heap to be a primary partner, so naturally they don't want people using MC or Amex. You won't find any other fast food outlet either, only McDonald's.

We had the same issue in Beijing where you could only use Visa inside the Olympic Green.

Any word if Amex is doing a cardmember lounge at the London Olympics?

Well Mastercard is sponsor of Football World Cup. Same arrangements there!

I get 1 of each type of credit card to get myself covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back