Gift from Amex

Status
Not open for further replies.

kort

Intern
Got a rather large package in the mail today. Opened it and turns out to be a Breville Wine Cooler - I think its worth about $80. Was trying to work out who it was from and turns out it was from Amex. Not bad for freebie I suppose....anyone else get one?

Attachments

• wine_chiller.jpg
    wine_chiller.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Some people have reported espresso makers in the past, perhaps its safe to say Amex are now driving people to drink ;)

A few years ago Amex sent me a carry on bag worth about $60. I was Gold charge card and bottom level Amex Qantas credit card at the time

Nothing here - member since 2006, Plat Chg, Credit and now NAB Qantas...

Mind you I do recall that the drinks chiller was voted as worst gadget a few christmases ago...

Nice - I have a registered post item to pick up at the post office and I have no idea what it could be as I haven't ordered anything recently.

Maybe Amex are sending me a gift :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Will report back when I have been to the post office in the next few days

I wonder what triggers them to send such a gift.

Has to be some "trigger" for every promotion I would assume and someone had to sign off on it....

At the moment all the bonus point offers seem to be for Gold customers and nothing for Platinum cards, unless you are new to a Plat credit card, and you get some nice boni points awarded.

Maybe Amex think that Plat card holders have enough points, so a small $100 gift will make them happy :evil:

I would prefer 250 bonus points per $20, as I value that at about $20 in bonus points per $20 spend.

Still yet to ring them about not being targeted for any recent offers. Must do that ASAP

Mind you I do recall that the drinks chiller was voted as worst gadget a few christmases ago...

Well, running contrary to the voting trend, we have one and use it frequently - yep, a Breville, and find it great to be able to chill that urgent bottle of champagne or whatever quickly! :)

Just received s $50 coles gift card in the mail from Amex. It had written "Everyone likes presents, and this one's for you" etc etc. Not sure what triggered it but it's a nice touch.

Platinum Charge and Platinum Reserve CC

Just received s $50 coles gift card in the mail from Amex. It had written "Everyone likes presents, and this one's for you" etc etc. Not sure what triggered it but it's a nice touch.

It sounds like I should be paying more attention to my Amex junk mail. :shock: :oops:

I only received a $30 Westfield gift card. Felt nice to receive something for nothing. But I'm no big spender on my card.

Sounds like the same $50 gift card I received from applying for a supplementry card.

I just received this also. A nice surprise.

Yeah, I had a $50 gift card waiting when I got home Thursday night :shock: :cool:

Last week I received a $30 westfield. This week I received a $200 west field gift card. This time it was even more surprising. Anyone else get two gift cards? I thought $30 was a small amount. But $200 is definitely gonna get me something nice. I was disappointed that I missed out on virgin blue offer ($50 voucher) by 2 days but this surely makes up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back