General VA Lounge Discussion (2021 onwards)

Mattg

Enthusiast
Solutions
Has anyone been in the BNE lounge in the past week that can provide updates on the current state of food and beverage offerings? Is it still all pre-packaged?

Have a morning flight on Sunday and was wondering whether it was worth using one of my spare lounge passes or if I am better off saving for my next flights in a months time that depart in the evening so at least I can enjoy a drink.

I was there last Friday (in the evening) and the food was still basically just pre-packaged sandwiches and chips. :(

I'd buy a coffee in the terminal and save the lounge pass for another time. The new lounge catering is supposed to be rolled out in BNE soon, but I don't think it will be by Sunday.

twiningb

Solutions
Does anyone know whether there's a standalone public URL for the online ordering in MEL? Or does it only work on the lounge wifi? It would be interesting to check in advance of my flight with my kids on Tuesday.

Also, is CBR order-from-app like MEL or attended buffet like SYD?

jakeseven7

Solutions
Yeah the sign behind customer service is a tad tacky but VA is supposed to be the fun and youthful airline

Oi! I’m much younger than the average AFFer and just because I’m youthful and fun doesn’t mean I like tacky cheap design that looks like they picked up in an IKEA clearance sale ;) :)

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
I
Oi! I’m much younger than the average AFFer and just because I’m youthful and fun doesn’t mean I like tacky cheap design that looks like they picked up in an IKEA clearance sale ;) :)
You seem very negative, every chance towards everything QLD & Virgin.

You may be youthful, I'll trust you on that one.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyingfan

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum

jakeseven7

Solutions

flyingfan

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
This could get very interesting for the poor staff should anyone want to play a joke on them 😳

I thought about that before posting so really hope people don't misuse the URL. I thought it's similar to phone numbers for any number of restaurants offering takeaway without requiring prepayment.

twiningb

Solutions
I thought about that before posting so really hope people don't misuse the URL. I thought it's similar to phone numbers for any number of restaurants offering takeaway without requiring prepayment.
I will use it respectfully, and yes, hopefully it has some kind of IP check or something else to prevent misuse.

dtaylo25

I was there last Friday (in the evening) and the food was still basically just pre-packaged sandwiches and chips. :(

I'd buy a coffee in the terminal and save the lounge pass for another time. The new lounge catering is supposed to be rolled out in BNE soon, but I don't think it will be by Sunday.

Thank you for the reply....much appreciated.

Sounds like i'll give it a miss until the new non 7-11 style catering arrives!

ole nimeton

antycbr

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Does anyone know if there is a timeframe for Sydney abandoning the servo sandwiches?

PaulllM

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum

Well im also youthful but i also know that you sometimes have to accept things you dont like and just focus on the positives which the new lounge has plenty to pick from

jakeseven7

Solutions
Well im also youthful but i also know that you sometimes have to accept things you dont like and just focus on the positives which the new lounge has plenty to pick from

Personally I’m thankful it even exists after last year!

Doesn’t mean people can’t have opinions as to the style and quality of materials used. But it’s totally subjective, some people will like the look some people won’t and that’s absolutely fine. It’s probably a lot more appealing to their new brand target I will agree with that.

mad_atta

Intern
So is the food offering in the SYD lounge as basic/uninspiring as that bopple menu for Melbourne? Or is it at least a bit better? Someone mentioned a staffed buffet so that sounds slightly more promising...

jakeseven7

Solutions
So is the food offering in the SYD lounge as basic/uninspiring as that bopple menu for Melbourne? Or is it at least a bit better? Someone mentioned a staffed buffet so that sounds slightly more promising...

Things can only get better....?

Lets focus on a positive, at least the infamous hot dogs haven't wormed their way back in yet ;)

Must...Fly!

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
In the Perth lounge at the moment. The "assisted buffet" concept operating. Prepackaged sandwiches, crisps, cookies, muffins and fruit available with the usual coffee and tea. Bar service opens at 12pm. Sadly straight to work after landing in MEL so I cannot partake...but the sealed Apple and Cinnamon muffin might be a stowaway and a good 2am snack at the office!

Transform your lounge room (or any indoor space) into your own private movie theatre in just a few seconds.

Our Mini Pocket Projector is small, light and easily transportable. A must have!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

madrooster

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Has anyone here been through the VA ADL lounge at key meal times, eg. lunch and dinner? Are they serving anything more substantial for lunch and/or dinner, or do they continue serving the snack food from the rest of the day menu only?

kookaburra75

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Has anyone here been through the VA ADL lounge at key meal times, eg. lunch and dinner? Are they serving anything more substantial for lunch and/or dinner, or do they continue serving the snack food from the rest of the day menu only?
We were in the ADL Lounge in the early evening a few weeks ago, and didn't see anything different on the menu compared to other times of the day. It was just the 'snacky' sort of food.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andygfee