Status
Not open for further replies.

pangwen

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Hi all,

Given the recent change in Virgin Australia's fare structure (no more go or blue saver fare class), does anyone know what the impact will be on the credit cards that offer free Virgin flights, ie:

-Platinum Edge
-Platinum Reserve
-Virgin (high) flyer

I have previously heard that the Amex cards book into the Blue Saver bucket, so I imagine this will continue with the "saver" fare class. It'd be good to know for sure though. It'd also be great if these could be upgraded to PE/J with velocity points like real "saver" flights will apparently be able to.

The one I'm more interested in are the Virgin cards. They currently specifically state that the bonus flights are booked into the Go saver bucket. I wonder what will happen with those?

The one I'm more interested in are the Virgin cards. They currently specifically state that the bonus flights are booked into the Go saver bucket. I wonder what will happen with those?

I was wondering exactly the same. If they base it on the Fare Class Code, I don't know how they'll go telling someone that "no you can't get a second seat free because you are on N class not F" or something like that. To most people if it is a Saver fare, then it shouldn't make a difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back