finally closed Diners account

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAM1748

After a few months of getting around to it, finally closed the account as couldn't see any more advantage after 10 years. Just another card fee.

My parting remark to the overseas "customer service centre" after getting the final balance amount to be paid was "please make a note on the file, do not call me again".

Guess what, half an hour later a call from Diners in Melbourne about it and they even acknowledged I had asked not to be called.

Says it all really on why I got tired of Diners.

If that's the end of it for you, then you will be lucky. I closed my Diners after 10 years last year for similar reasons to you. Next month I got a statement saying that I owed $47 on my card. I rang Diners and emphasised that I didn't owe the money nor did I want any more statements. Next month I got a statement saying that Diners owed me $447. I rang again and told them that this was wrong. They said they would fix the problem. Next month I got a statement that said I owed nothing - they owed me nothing. I rang again and said that I did not want any more statements. They said that I could reactivate my card within the next six months. I said that I had put my card and supplementary through the shredder. They said that they could issue new cards at no charge. I said no thanks. I thought that that was the end of the matter - but no again a statement with a lot of zeros. I rang again and said no more statements or I would take legal action. That worked. They are persistent. I now speak with an Indian accent. Good luck!

I closed my diners down when they did not protect my points when Ansett Airlines went belly up. In my opinion at the time, they were responsible to ensure that my points would be protected. Cost me ab9out 500,000 points.
Thats when I went to Amex and leave my points in MR.
edit: added the ps.

PS. Wish I had been a member here then.

Not confined to Diners.I shredded my third and swore my last Amex about 10 years ago.still get correspondence which i ignore-not costing me anything and if they are dumb enough to think I will change my mind so be it.Besides DC is still the best to transfer to Aadvantage and mine is fee free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back