Status
Not open for further replies.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
For those without an auto club membership or similar (nor a CC earning > 1 point per $):

WOW5pcXmas14.jpg

Seems you need to purchase online.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this serfty... using discounted wish cards all year round from my local automobile association, its good to see that non association members can now join in the fun of the discount cards.

Excellent to use these to save on fuel, and if used on dan Murphys online via starthere one will be beneficial from a nice 10.25% discount on click and connect. ..

Has anyone ordered these yet? Can you tell me where does the discount get applied?
I have gone through the process
- Add cards to cart
- Create an account
- Select shipping method (cost is $5.50 for registered post)
- Go to payment... there is no total displayed, so I am concerned I'll be charged full price.

I had the same experience so decided it was too much hassle at this stage.

I was going to do it anyway (in case the CC reimburses 5% since the ad says you need a woolworths money card), but then the postage wipes out the saving I was going to get from my test run (and the ad says postage is free too, so suggests it wasn't kicking in).

Plus I'm more tempted to just buy a few hundred dollars more of Qantas gift cards since it is 10points per dollar (which I valuue at 2c/point - making it a 20% return rather than 5% - also curious to see if the Qantas gift cards earn the bonus point per dollar on the CC that Qantas purchases earn me).

Has anyone ordered these yet? Can you tell me where does the discount get applied?
I have gone through the process
- Add cards to cart
- Create an account
- Select shipping method (cost is $5.50 for registered post)
- Go to payment... there is no total displayed, so I am concerned I'll be charged full price.

I had the same experience so decided it was too much hassle at this stage.

I was going to do it anyway (in case the CC reimburses 5% since the ad says you need a woolworths money card), but then the postage wipes out the saving I was going to get from my test run (and the ad says postage is free too, so suggests it wasn't kicking in).

Plus I'm more tempted to just buy a few hundred dollars more of Qantas gift cards since it is 10points per dollar (which I valuue at 2c/point - making it a 20% return rather than 5% - also curious to see if the Qantas gift cards earn the bonus point per dollar on the CC that Qantas purchases earn me).

I called them. I am told it is a rebate offer - buy what you need and they will provide a statement credit. You may or may not want to call yourself and get this noted on your account.
They could have explained it better on the flyer.

I called them. I am told it is a rebate offer - buy what you need and they will provide a statement credit. You may or may not want to call yourself and get this noted on your account.
They could have explained it better on the flyer.
Hmmm... I've had a different experience - it seems to work for me. I registered from the Shop Now link and got presented with this:

wowgftcrd.jpg

and when I got to the checkout, I saw this:

wowdlvr.jpg

so it seems like everything is in order - at least it is now, anyway. Give it another shot, they may have had something broken when you tried.

Attachments

• wowgftcrd.jpg
    wowgftcrd.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 137
  • wowdlvr.jpg
    wowdlvr.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 145
bonus marks for anyone that gets both a statement credit and an online discount.

Does anyone see a problem w' paying by Amex, or is there a better deal paying w' the WERDCC. Both just 1 point per dollar for me anyway.

I used the link last night. Purchased 10 x $50 & 1 x $500 for $950 with free delivery, on my Amex card - no problems. I have the receipt and the confirmation email. They usually show up in less than a week.

ARGH!
My cards have been sitting at my local post office for a week.
The postie did not leave a card in the letterbox last Friday. I waited the eight business days from order to follow up (which was yesterday) and Woolworths Bulk Orders have just given me the tracking number and told me they are sitting at the post office.

Australia Post is not performing brilliantly in Perth suburbs at the moment with some letters taking longer than one week to go across town. It went bad a month ago.
Using a rebate site plus these gift cards can really get you saving on your purchases.
I went through starthere and ported my way into DanMurphys and then paid with Woolies gift cards that I had bought on a points earning credit card with the 5% off. Markis10 did a post that got me started on this quite a while ago.
One of my business partners is buying 3 dozen bottles of champagne so I showed him the way to get a great deal on the specials.

Cove and others can you still walk into to a RAC in Perth and use a RACV or RACQ card to get the 5% woolies card there and then with credit card?

Cove and others can you still walk into to a RAC in Perth and use a RACV or RACQ card to get the 5% woolies card there and then with credit card?

You need to be a RAC member. RACV offer in store as well while RACQ is website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back