Energy Australia now accepts Amex

Status
Not open for further replies.

simongr

Enthusiast
I hadn't noticed this before but Energy Australia do take Amex - I am sure they didnt in the past :)

I've been paying by Direct Debit on Amex for a couple of years now (they had a promo giving you 2000 points for signing up for it back then). It hadn't been available as a payment option on their website in the past though from what I can recall - so definitely a bonus.

I could only pay by Amex over the phone - didnt try the post billpay website thingo.

If only EA would do gas in my area as well...

I'm with AGL, and have made a request in the Amex merchant page - just wish there was a comments field where I could write "EnergyAustralia takes Amex!"

I've just asked Amex to accept Red Energy (Victoria)and they are looking into it. If anyone else wants to let Amex know about this it might help.

I could only pay by Amex over the phone - didnt try the post billpay website thingo.
Hey, you're dead right - thanks for the heads up!

I had two rather large EA bills coming up that were scheduled for payment on my Visa - so I cancelled those payments and whacked them on the Amex. I tried to pay over the Internet using POSTbillpay but it failed - I think it only wants MC or Visa if using that method of payment. It worked perfectly by phone, however.

Cheers! :D

I've just asked Amex to accept Red Energy (Victoria)and they are looking into it. If anyone else wants to let Amex know about this it might help.

But Red Energy already accepts AMEX... You can use AMEX via postbillpay.

Can't with "Simply Energy" :(

As discussed previously, it depends...

attachment.php

Richard.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back